f.y.e. Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

f.y.e. Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at f.y.e.

2.1

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

Submitted application online, was called for in-person interview. Talked to store manager and assistant manager at the same time. Took about half hour overall once interview started. Interviewers were cordial, yet clearly bored. Mostly interested in seeing if I could convince customers to sign up for costly rewards program.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for f.y.e.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Tampa, FL) in April 2008.

Interview

First, I went to FYE's website and clicked "Careers". Then I filled in my information, and then they had a questionnaire that evaluates what kind of person you are. After two days I got a call from the manager asking me for an interview. I agreed, so I met him at the store for a one-on-one interview. The manager was very casual and friendly, which was an example of how casual the store was. He basically asked me questions about myself and my hobbies, and random questions like what type of movie I would be. The interview didn't feel like an interview. Instead it felt like a nice conversation. After I answered his questions, he hired me on the spot and that's how I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Gurnee, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I turned in my application online and they called back about a week later. I went in wearing a slacks and a button-up. He explained to me that he needed more employees as most were quitting to go back to college. He asked pretty normal questions; most of them having to do with sales and past experiences. How you would persuade someone to buy an item, what makes you a good fit for f.y.e., what do you know about the company, etc. He explained how focused the company is on selling discount cards and how it's all about numbers so sell, sell, sell. After the interview he told me that he was interested in hiring me and that he would call me next week after figuring out the scheduling. He called me the next day and asked if I was available to start work the following Saturday.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Bloomington, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

They were looking for seasonal employees. I applied via internet, and got a call about a week later. I went into the store wearing casual but not trashy clothing. They sat me down and interviewed me. They asked very standard interview questions. Right after, they said I got the job, and I began work on Black Friday.
    I can't say I like their philosophy though. It's more about treating customers as consumers, and less about treating them as people. They focused on selling a bunch right away, instead of giving a good vibe that makes customers want to come back.

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Media, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

It was incredibly casual for me, I had a friend that worked at the store already and she put in a good word. The manager called me and asked me to come in the next day, basically he asked me about my music preferences, how I would help a customer, and my experience. They were desperate for sales associates (my friend was the only one there at the time) and I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about related artists or movies to artists or movies I was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. It was minimum wage, part-time, I needed a job and they needed an associate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

It was very low key. Asked what I would say when greeted a customer. How I would sell an item. Favorite items at the store.

Interview Questions

• What is something you had messed up on it the past and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted 8$ an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Battle Creek, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy. They asked about my favorite movies, favorite music artist, what was my biggest mistake & how did I fix it, & they asked me to roleplay being a sales associate & asked me to sell a movie to him.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

I didn't have an interview, the guy just called me and told me to come in for work. When I did come in, I was asked a few questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

• What type of music do you listen to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. Don't work for this company, there are no raises and the store is driven by the drivers. They are a scam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Nashua, NH) in November 2013.

Interview

Very smooth, was brought on for the seasonal work. Was hired from seasonal to year round part time employee. After doing quite well in the winter months and doing a lot of sales.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult question, basic customer service questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick and to the point. Slight awkward in the start of the process. Manager doing the interview made it more consistent to relate to product sold. Manager did not ask if I knew the history of the company.