f.y.e. Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

f.y.e. Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

All information before the interview is put online, then they contacted me via phone and was given a time span to pick from for the interview. The interview was at the store, took about 15 minutes and was told they were doing more interviews at the time and would be contacted shortly with their decision. A few days later I got the call that I got the job, and when to come in for training and to fill out the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What part of the job (movies/music/comics) are you interested in or keep up to date on?   Answer Question
  • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
  • How long do you see yourself working here?   Answer Question
  • What do you think you can take from the job in your other pursuits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Started at minimum wage, not all that negotiable probably. When I was promoted there was definitely room to talk about it though.

Other Interview Reviews for f.y.e.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

Submitted application in person. Received a phone call in 1-2 weeks to set up an interview. Interviewed and got akin offer a few days later for the job. Was offered a part time position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

The interview process was actually really laid back. The managers just want to get an idea of how personable you are as a potential employee in the sense that you would be able to positively interact with customers. The turn around time to hear back from anyone is about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a customer. Pick anything we have in the store and try to sell it to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frackville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Frackville, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Filled out Application. Got a call a day later. Went for an interview the same day and got hired. They gave the T-shirts and everything I needed for when I finally started literally a week later and it was a great first day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at f.y.e. in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then got a call to set up an interview a few days later. Very short interview. Didn't end up hired. Very casual interview, seemed a little unprepared. Ran through a script of talking with customers. Asked why I wanted the job. Went over the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Scranton, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

it's done as a group interview. They go around the table talking about movies, games, and music. They will also ask how you think you will do at selling memberships to customers. One thing they like is someone smiling and friendly.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick and to the point. Slight awkward in the start of the process. Manager doing the interview made it more consistent to relate to product sold. Manager did not ask if I knew the history of the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

I didn't have an interview, the guy just called me and told me to come in for work. When I did come in, I was asked a few questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

• What type of music do you listen to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. Don't work for this company, there are no raises and the store is driven by the drivers. They are a scam.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief and to the point. They asked about my experience in the industry, and I gave them a rundown of the work that I've done. They also asked about my educational history, despite the fact that education isn't relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have selling technology and media?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Battle Creek, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy. They asked about my favorite movies, favorite music artist, what was my biggest mistake & how did I fix it, & they asked me to roleplay being a sales associate & asked me to sell a movie to him.