Facilities manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for facilities manager

Facilities manager Interview Questions

"Employers are looking for facilities managers with managerial experience and general knowledge of groundskeeping, equipment repair, and procurement. During the interview, expect questions about your leadership experience, communication skills, and attention to detail."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Given the fact that we have labor union employees here and the labor protects these employees by collective bargaining agreements... how would you deal with a poor perfuming employee whom you have limited influence on?

2 Answers

I would conduct myself as I would with any problematic employee and managed the process though common performance counseling practices. I would start with informal verbal discussions, documenting these conversations afterwards to myself and HR only. I would do my best to establish a professional relationship with the employee and see if motivational discussions would yield any improvement. Second level of engagement would be a more formal and advertised documented conversations with the employee, stressing the importance that we are a team and we all must contribute our best efforts towards the best interest of the department and company. It would be communicated that further escalating performance discussions would require a higher level of involvement and, should the actions of the employee not be corrected, that further disciplinary actions up to and including termination could result. From this point, it's really in the employees hands to address the issues and resolve them.

I would be direct in describing the issue. I acknowledge feeling awkward about the situation and understand that my co-worker may feel embarrassed and defensive. I would think about exactly what I am requesting (e.g., do I want co-workers to stop wearing all scented products or just a certain one?) I would ask for their help, rather than making a demand. I avoid making judgments. I describe behaviors rather than attitudes and motivations. It's entirely possible my co-worker is unaware. It is inappropriate to suggest that a medical condition may be influencing their scent choices. I would treat my fragrant co-worker with the same respect and courtesy I want from him or her. Then thank him or her for understanding.

Was asked about my past experiences in the property management arena with an irate client and how I handled their issue.

1 Answer

How would you fix a hole in the ceiling if there was a leak?

3 Answers

The questions were part of the job and made sense.

2 Answers

Name a time when you had to make a difficult decision.

2 Answers

Have you work multiple facilities

2 Answers

"Why do you like facilities?"

2 Answers

What salary did I require. How soon can I start?

1 Answer

What can you do to help with fleet management?

1 Answer

How did you hear about this position

110 of 253 Interview Questions