Field Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Field Consultant Interview Questions

Field consultant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you want to be a Technical Client Consultant and what is your career track plan?

2 Answers

At the time I responded at length in detail. Obviously, this is an important technical type of question where the company Regional Manager is attempting to source out your tactical and strategic plans for integrating your career motivations and expertise into a goal oriented success plan for your future starting years in the company. I stated why I valued this technically integrated role in engineering, consulting and sales over simply an engineering position at the time and why I thought my base experiences were the best for this job and where I saw myself in 5 years and how I would get there. I explained how I would excel at the first position I was starting in and how I would make it to the next position I desired at a higher management level in the company within a dynamic window of time.

Answer is too focused on you. Should turn it around to indicate what benefit there is to the company with YOU being the Technical Client Consultant and indicate how they, being as wonderful as they are, are important for your growth.

Biggest flaw that isn't correctable

1 Answer

Several questions related to current limitations or associated problems encountered with some of the biomedical equipment from a customer or usability perspective (i.e. what is the biggest complaint with equipment X, why is equipment Z superior to equipment X). Additionally, technical questions related to why some new product lines will have a greater market impact from a technical solution standpoint compared to current more expensive or older biological/biomedical methods (i.e. which product do you see making an impact in the market place in this next year and why?).

1 Answer

Design a medium business network to handle 50 users with basic needs.

Why are you here?

1 Answer

Why are you a better candidate than someone who has dental sales experience?

1 Answer

Why would you be successful at solar city?

1 Answer

What type of Sales experience do you have?

1 Answer

No difficult questions. When I finally got to Solar City after the recruiters, I wasn't asked any questions at all about how I sold $3.2 million in solar myself at my last solar company. Or about the type of systems we did or anything. It was more like, "tell us why you're here." The sales manager talked about the company & his own sales history. He insisted I would need to spend at least 20 hours per week in Home Depot which didn't seem like the best use of my time. I was open about how I felt having a lot of experience in that role. He insisted it was much different than in No. California with BP Solar. So I agreed I would give it a shot. I would be curious to find out how many women are actually hired in this "consultant" vs. "adviser" position (sitting in Home Depots generating leads). I asked about the opportunities for commercial sales as well as solar leases & he didn't like that. Oh, he did ask if I knew the 3 businesses involved.....

1 Answer

No curve ball questions. Asked for examples regarding past experiences regarding sales process, resolving customer issues, dealership structure. Managers and recruiter are very proud of CARFAX accomplishments.

110 of 142 Interview Questions