Finance analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Finance analyst Interview Questions

5,398

finance analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If a customer asked you how much paint we sell in a year and you had to calculate it on a napkin during a meeting, how would you do that?

4 Answers

A lot

I would take the gross sales (no discounts nor returns) and divide by the average price of paint. Of course you could discuss volume/mix considerations but this would not be back of the napkin. Hope this helps.

I'd dip (dunk) that napkin in my glass of wine and ask the interviewer if that was close enough to the truth...

How have you used microsoft excel in to help solve a problem.

1 Answer

If you could know for sure either the Sales, Costs, or Advertising Costs associated with launching a new product which would you choose?

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

3. Stock A has a volatility of 20%, B has a volatility of 30%, and their correlation coefficient is 50%. They have the same expect returns. Suppose we can buy x share of A, and 1-x share of B. Then what the x should be for us to invest to make our portfolio has the minimum volatility?

1 Answer

Tell me about your management style.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you were working in a team and your opinion was challenged.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you received poor feedback on your performance. What was it and how did you handle it?

At a party everyone shakes hands, 66 hand shakes occur, how many people are at the party?

9 Answers

Pretend 1% of the population has a disease. You have a test that determines if you have that disease, but it's only 80% accurate and 20% of the time you get a false positive, how likely is it you have the disease.

12 Answers

Walk me through your resume

6 Answers