Finance interview questions | Glassdoor

J.P. Morgan Interviews

www.jpmorgan.com  /  HQ: New York, NY

3,327 Interviews

2.8 Average

Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

You have a birthday cake and have exactly 3 slices to cut it into 8 equal pieces. How do you do it?

36 Answers

Cut in half, stack, cut in half, stack, cut in half. All you have to worry about is the 45 degree rotation of one of the 4 pieces after the second cut. Blade can be kept in place, like a paper cutter, as to minimize the margin for error.

Slice it horizontally across the middle creating two equal halves top and bottom. Then simple two slice cross from above like normal.

Cut each slice into 3 slices. Then eat one of them.

Case interview: basic business problem (if product X costs Capital One $4.00 per unit, with a $800 sunk cost, and we charge X amount of dollars along with a $10 annual fee, how many do we need to sell to break even, etc). Followed by a longer discussion of more complex problems that the situation might entail.

5 Answers

If you have a 5*5*5 cubic, what is the outside surface area?

3 Answers

Pretend I need to buy a pen, and your company sells pens. Why should I buy your pen?

2 Answers

1. Let's role play, sell me a bank product..... 2. If im a customer and I declined what you are trying to sell me...

2 Answers

What's the best unbiased estimator for a series random variables?

3 Answers

How did you handle an irate customer?

2 Answers

25 horses in a race. 5 horses can run as a group. what's the minimum # of runs required to find the fastest horse.

2 Answers

How far apart is the hour and minute hand a 3:15?

3 Answers

Write an efficient stored procedure to allocate unique integer ids.

1 Answer