Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions

Financial advisor trainee interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If given X area square footage and X length of the room, what is the room's perimeter?

13 Answers

The answer is one.

Oops. Make that four

That's easy-f'rinstince, if it's a 500 square footer which is 25 feet long, you'd figure the other two sides at 20 feet. To get the room's peri, you just add the four sides-90 feet!

Why do you want to work for Merrill Lynch?

2 Answers

How do you expect to get clients when you have no book of business. Keep in mind, this is a training job...

1 Answer

Why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

Barrage of questions based on STAR prototype

1 Answer

After reading my business plan while I sat there, They asked me the name of a well-known organization that I am a part of. I just used the groups acronym. It is a group that people in his position are normally very familiar with. When I realized that he did not know who they were, I fought back the urge to ask if he was serious.

1 Answer

Why do you want to be a financial advisor personally? Is it the money? Do you like numbers? What is it?

1 Answer

Where else are you looking? (It didn't seem tough at the time but the feedback from the recruiter made it clear)

1 Answer

Tell me how you plan on targeting high net worth individuals and getting access to them.

Had to Roll Play