Financial counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Financial counselor Interview Questions

Financial counselors are responsible for advising clients about asset creation and debt management. Companies rely on knowledgeable and trustworthy financial counselors to help their clients find affordable ways to purchase financial services. The most desirable candidates for these positions are accredited financial counselors (AFC's) which require at least 1,000 hours of experience and several self-study courses.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is your general attitude toward disciplining children?

3 Answers

I said that kids need structure, but it's important to be flexible and patient and always to remember what it was like to be a kid.

Nice, Hard Spanking, WITH THE BELT! and if they continue, pepper spray on the genitals.

Where I work we just tell them. There are consequences for actions. If you make a bad choice, you may lose 5 minutes of something for example, if you make good choices, sometimes you get rewarded, but we always praise good choices.

How do you intervene with at risk students?

2 Answers

Interviewer asked how a Counselor should and would work with a family who doesn't respond to communication and doesn't show much interest in working with the School Counselor. Interviewer also asked how a Counselor should handle a case of suspected child abuse.

2 Answers

Did I have experience with working people in recovery

2 Answers

How well do you do under pressure with children?

2 Answers

What are 2 things you feel is important to convey to your clients when working with you?

2 Answers

What would you do if a client said they wanted to kill themselves, someone else, etc.

2 Answers

How does racial equity play a role in todays workforce?

1 Answer

What trends in career counseling am I aware of?

1 Answer

Give an example of a free resource you would refer a client to if they needed additional non biased and no cost information.

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

110 of 4,459 Interview Questions