Financial Planning and Analysis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview Questions

"As a financial planning analyst, it is your job to support management through quantitative analysis and financial databases. In an interview, you can expect to answer questions about your experience in finance, the role you play in teams, and your Excel knowledge. Be prepared to role-play how you would draw up a plan or calculate a given scenario when presented with different financial situations. To impress your employer, research the company before to understand what their operations are like and come up with how you can contribute."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time when you received poor feedback on your performance. What was it and how did you handle it?

In an environment of layoffs and restructuring, how do you keep your team motivated?

3 Answers

What would your first day on the job be like, if hired?

1 Answer

Study the company 10k and know the products and balance sheet.

1 Answer

Draw out a capital budgeting plan and calculate given a scenario and explain the scenario/sensitivity analysis effect of changes in underlying factors in real world.

1 Answer

-Questions were primarily behavioral in nature (tell me about how you would handle unexpected and high-priority requests while managing multiple projects/assignments, strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time where you disagreed with a co-worker, etc.) -A psychometric/personality test was given (DiSC & Gallup StrengthFinders 2.0)

1 Answer

Tell me a time when you made a mistake and how you handled the situation?

What have you done in previous roles that makes you a good candidate for this role

110 of 47 Interview Questions