Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Financial Representative Interview Questions

2,659

Financial representative interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They want very specific examples to all questions. Q. Why are you interested in this role/why fidelity? Q. What motivates you in finance? Q. What do you know about the series 7 and 63 licenses? Q. Specific example of when you had to study for something difficult. Other licenses or tests, how you studied, what you did that helped. Q. Example of when you received excellent customer service. Q. How you handled an upset customer. Q. How you went above and beyond to help a customer and what the result was. Q. Consultative approach with a customer, when they want something that isnt in their best interest. These are all the questions I can remember from all 3 interviews.

5 Answers

More of a question... I am guessing your online interview was through HireVue? I received the same offer and I am trying to prepare for the online interview. You said you listed all the questions you remembered from the interviews, do you think you could remember the few that asked in the HireVue so that I may tailor my answers to the prerecorded ones?

Yes, my screening interview was through hirevue. It consisted of 10 questions (if i remember right). I just used the app and did it on my phone. I believe they asked these questions: Why are you interested in this role/finance/fidelity (something along those lines just prepare an answer for any of thsoe)? Describe to me what you know about the series 7 & 63 licenses and why you need them. Describe a time you had to study for something difficult, how you studied for it, how well you did, and what you would do differently. What tools do you use to follow the stock market? Describe a time when you had to use a consultative approach with a customer. Finra does an extensive background check, is there anything you would like to disclose or warn us about that might appear on your record before conducting the background check? Thats at least 6 of the questions.. They want very specific examples so I wrote down a bunch of possible questions and preparedy examples which helped a lot.

More of a comment, but thank you very much for the detailed answer and for remembering the interview questions. I'll try to do the same during my interview so others are well prepared. Cheers!

Try to research the Meyers Briggs, this should help and prepare for several behavioral interview questions focusing on customer service experiences. Make sure you prepare... Good luck!

4 Answers

The 40 references was the hardest part, asking you friends and family for money essentially.

3 Answers

How big is your natural market?

2 Answers

Do you want the postion?

2 Answers

Tell us about your family.

2 Answers

Professional goals; Interpersonal skills; Communication skills; Comfortable to talk with people;

2 Answers

What kind of collaborative teams have you led?

2 Answers

If you were given a goal for the month to sell a certain product. How would you achieve that goal?

2 Answers

What intrigued you about New York Life?

110 of 2,659 Interview Questions