Financial Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Financial Software Engineer Interview Questions

Financial software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A robot can move only left and down in nXn matrix. Have to get to the bottom right corner of matrix. Write algorithm to find the maximum number paths it can take.

4 Answers

Worked on this for 2o mins. They were patiently waiting.

static void NumofPaths(int n) { int[][] array = new int[n][n]; for (int i = 0; i < n; i++) { array[0][i] = 1; array[i][0] = 1; } for (int i = 1; i < n; i++) { for (int j = i; j < n; j++) { array[i][j] = array[i-1][j] + array[i][j-1]; array[j][i] = array[j-1][i] + array[j][i-1]; } } System.out.println(array[n - 1][n - 1]); }

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/recreational-math/brain-teasers/v/path-counting-brain-teaser - video http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/104032/finding-points-in-a-grid-with-exactly-k-paths-to-them - code.

Nothing to bad, just need to know your basics well.

2 Answers

How to avoid having instances of your class created on the stack

2 Answers

class A{ void foo(); } class B{void foo1(); } class C {void foo1(); } Design like below: B.foo1() can access A.foo(), but C.foo1() can not access A.foo()

2 Answers

You have DB which stored employee ID and a cache. Design how to manage a cache from employee ID took from DB.

2 Answers

You're given a set of strings. You want to test if any two strings in the set are anagrams.

2 Answers

How would you find bugs in a very large program. This is one of the few questions I wasn't able to answer to my satisfaction at least, since I hadn't worked with large programs and were still limited to small simple debugging techniques

1 Answer

Explain the Hidden Markov Model?

1 Answer

How would you detect a loop in a linked list? This was a technical question, finding the answer was difficult since I forgot how linked lists worked, but the interviewer didn't mind helping out with hints and guiding me along. They weren't, obviously interested in the exact answer, but how my thinking works

1 Answer

Several questions involving lists, sorting, and memory storage issues were asked at each interview level.

110 of 35 Interview Questions