Firefighter Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Firefighter Interview Questions

Firefighter Interview Questions

Firefighting is a physically and mentally difficult role. Prepare to answer a lot of scenario questions that will assess your ability to succeed under stressful conditions and handle physically grueling tasks. Employers also look for reliable and dedicated leaders that will rise to the occasion, so come ready with examples that highlight your leadership skills and passion for this profession.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How well do you work with others under stressful conditions.

1 Answer

I am well trained and am confident in my abilities to handle stressful situations. When working with others in tense conditions, communication and trust are key.

Name a situation where you had to step up and be a leader. Name what you did and how it taught you leadership qualities that prepared you for the job as a firefighter?

1 Answer

"There are many risks involved with the fire service, entrapment, suffocation, severe burns, even exposure to communicable diseases that may affect your family. Tell us why you are willing to risk your life and the lives of your loved ones to assist people you have never met before."

1 Answer

Can you work under extremely stressful and life threatening situations

2 Answers

Do I have any kids

1 Answer

If you were crawling through a burning house, and you came upon a burnt corps, how do you think you would react? Could you do your job?

do you have AEMT

1 Answer

where do you see yourself

Tell us about yourself