Firefighter Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Firefighter Interview Questions

Firefighter Interview Questions

Firefighting is a physically and mentally difficult role. Prepare to answer a lot of scenario questions that will assess your ability to succeed under stressful conditions and handle physically grueling tasks. Employers also look for reliable and dedicated leaders that will rise to the occasion, so come ready with examples that highlight your leadership skills and passion for this profession.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Name a situation where you had to step up and be a leader. Name what you did and how it taught you leadership qualities that prepared you for the job as a firefighter?

1 Answer

Drew on a major college project where the team fell apart and I had an opportunity to be a leader and restructure our project.

How well do you work with others under stressful conditions.

1 Answer

"There are many risks involved with the fire service, entrapment, suffocation, severe burns, even exposure to communicable diseases that may affect your family. Tell us why you are willing to risk your life and the lives of your loved ones to assist people you have never met before."

1 Answer

Can I be away from home for long periods of time. You need to really take this question into consideration!,

1 Answer

Questions regarding how you would handle uncomfortable co-worker scenarios as a new employee.

1 Answer

Have you ever consumed or smoked any drugs? Have you experience any or have been diagnosed with any psychological disorders?

1 Answer

How will you react & will it upset you when politically connected coworkers are preferably promoted, due to government quota, when they are not qualified to do the job they are given?

1 Answer

Tell me about yourself; start off with childhood experience,school education, certifications and what led you to be in the chair that you're in today.

1 Answer

How do I cope in very stressful physical and mental situations? What was my level of physical fitness? How to I feel about teamwork? Describe a challenging moment at work. How do I perform without supervision?

110 of 54 Interview Questions