Firefighter Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Firefighter

Firefighter Interview Questions

Firefighter Interview Questions

Firefighting is a physically and mentally difficult role. Prepare to answer a lot of scenario questions that will assess your ability to succeed under stressful conditions and handle physically grueling tasks. Employers also look for reliable and dedicated leaders that will rise to the occasion, so come ready with examples that highlight your leadership skills and passion for this profession.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Name a situation where you had to step up and be a leader. Name what you did and how it taught you leadership qualities that prepared you for the job as a firefighter?

1 Answer

Drew on a major college project where the team fell apart and I had an opportunity to be a leader and restructure our project.

"There are many risks involved with the fire service, entrapment, suffocation, severe burns, even exposure to communicable diseases that may affect your family. Tell us why you are willing to risk your life and the lives of your loved ones to assist people you have never met before."

1 Answer

How well do you work with others under stressful conditions.

1 Answer

Tell me about yourself; start off with childhood experience,school education, certifications and what led you to be in the chair that you're in today.

1 Answer

Questions regarding how you would handle uncomfortable co-worker scenarios as a new employee.

1 Answer

Can I be away from home for long periods of time. You need to really take this question into consideration!,

1 Answer

How will you react & will it upset you when politically connected coworkers are preferably promoted, due to government quota, when they are not qualified to do the job they are given?

1 Answer

Have you ever consumed or smoked any drugs? Have you experience any or have been diagnosed with any psychological disorders?

1 Answer

What do you know about customer service?

1 Answer

Why should CSFD pick you? What qualities/experiences do you bring?

110 of 65 Interview Questions