Firefighter Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Firefighter Interview Questions

Firefighter Interview Questions

Firefighting is a physically and mentally difficult role. Prepare to answer a lot of scenario questions that will assess your ability to succeed under stressful conditions and handle physically grueling tasks. Employers also look for reliable and dedicated leaders that will rise to the occasion, so come ready with examples that highlight your leadership skills and passion for this profession.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about yourself; start off with childhood experience,school education, certifications and what led you to be in the chair that you're in today.

1 Answer

As a child I was always the outgoing person, and the one that was always wanting to help other students and classmates. I ran for class president, and I have an associates degree in general studies. I have certifications in CPR and etc. and I'm looking for challenged in my life so I came here to receive the best training and hopes that I can give back to my community what I've learned.

Can I be away from home for long periods of time. You need to really take this question into consideration!,

1 Answer

How will you react & will it upset you when politically connected coworkers are preferably promoted, due to government quota, when they are not qualified to do the job they are given?

1 Answer

Name a situation where you had to step up and be a leader. Name what you did and how it taught you leadership qualities that prepared you for the job as a firefighter?

1 Answer

Have you ever consumed or smoked any drugs? Have you experience any or have been diagnosed with any psychological disorders?

1 Answer

What do you know about customer service?

1 Answer

Why should CSFD pick you? What qualities/experiences do you bring?

1 Answer

What can you tell us about the Franklin fire department?

Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you handle it? What was the ultimate resolution to the situation?

110 of 69 Interview Questions