Find jobs for food service worker

Food service worker Interview Questions

"While specific tasks vary widely from job to job, food service workers all share the responsibility of working as a team to provide a pleasant experience for customers. During an interview, expect to be asked about your previous work in the industry and what skills you possess that make you a great candidate."

816 Food Service Worker interview questions shared by candidates

Top Food Service Worker Interview Questions & How to Answer

Here are three top food service worker interview questions and how to answer them:

Question #1: Explain some strategies you use to stay calm when it gets busy.

How to answer: Managers in the food service industry look for employees that can work under pressure. Your answer to this question will tell them if you will be able keep up during busy hours at the restaurant. In your response, provide some examples of how you stayed calm when faced with a difficult situation. You could explain how you had to cover multiple tasks when a co-worker didn't show up for their shift or the restaurant was just short-staffed for the day. Talk about how you were able to stay focused and organized during an extremely busy time.

Question #2: How would you handle an unsatisfied customer?

How to answer: Keeping customers happy is a big part of working in foodservice. Use your answer to provide an example of your ability to turn an unsatisfied customer into a happy one. Make sure to talk about the strategies you used with the customer, what solution you came up with and the outcome.

Question #3: What do you like most about working in food service?

How to answer: The interviewer wants to get an idea of your enthusiasm for the industry with this question. Answer using your past experience and mention several aspects of food service that you enjoy, such as the customer service, the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment, and working as a team.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Dignity Health
Cook/Food Service Worker was asked...April 30, 2014

If a patient has 2 diet orders, which one do you give him?

4 Answers

The most restrictive diet.

Play it safe and give him the more restrictive of the two.

The most restrictive diet

Blenders In The Grass

How do you feel about dealing with people?

1 Answers

I enjoy working with all people even though there are always those that will make you life more difficult. There are always those that make the job worthwhile. Less

Aramark

If you see someone needing help but have not finished your assigned work would you help them?

1 Answers

Yes, I would help them because we are a team and no one is done until everyone is done. Less

Fifth Third

can you work with us

8 Answers

I enjoy working in a team environment, and I get along well with people.

Sodexo

Do I have reliable transportation

7 Answers

▲ 0 ▼ Yes I am honest and trusted Simple Boy. I will work very well in your company and will never give you a chance to complain Less

Work time.9.am to 4pm & part time& 30days to vacation to 12months

Compass Group USA

Do you have any previous food service experience?

6 Answers

I have worked in food industry 25 years. GM of Fine dining restaurant GM of catering division Owned catering business for 5 years Less

Manage all aspects of catering, menu research, staff, transportation and equipment Pricing, set up and break down, Serving and carving of foods Display of foods and preparation Arranged of tiered food displays Managed all billing and purchase of foods Set up contracts with clients and payments Less

KBR

8 week processing time for work visa.

6 Answers

What happened to KBR wages??

any jobs

i am working afghanistan Company Dyncorp i have Food Service and Class 1 Warehouse 6 years Experience i am steel working Less

Tim Hortons

do you want to work here?

5 Answers

Yes and yes

In-N-Out Burger

What do I want out of this job?

4 Answers

I want to gain experience and better my customer service skills

I said to make money and work temporary.

To make money and work

Sodexo

What is your availability?

3 Answers

I could start working ASAP, every day of the week besides Tuesday and Wednesday. Opening shifts would be perfect for my schedule, but if there is any other open opportunities I would take it. Less

Anytime to work