francesca's Assistant Boutique Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

francesca's Assistant Boutique Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at francesca's

2.2

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at francesca's.

Interview

Applied through the website. Heard back from the Boutique Manager about a month later (the store was brand new and was not open yet) for a phone interview. Was asked a few questions about why I was applying and what I thought of the store. We then set a date for a face to face interview the next week. The interview took about an hour and was pretty much what you would expect at a retail interview. They asked a lot of customer service related questions and "what would you do if..." type questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really that difficult or our of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for francesca's

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at francesca's (Greensboro, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

First interview with the boutique manager over the phone if that goes well you get the opportunity for the second interview with the regional director
    the last process is background checking

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at francesca's.

Interview

First interviewed with the district manager. She was polite and the interview was more of a conversation. No real questions, just more about my experience and how I like to run business. Be prepared to ask her questions. She then told me I would meet with the store manager. Met with the store manager where it seemed to quickly go downhill. The manager knew extremely little about retail, even less about Francesca's. She was on her second week with the company but seemed completely uneducated. She walked me through the store explaining set up and seemed clueless. I could have done a better job just from being a customer in the past. I immediately had a weird feeling about the store manager. The district manager called me to make sure I was still interested and said we would be in touch. 2 weeks later I get a call from the store manager offering a different position than the district manager had already previously told me I would be offered. This company plays games. Not well, but they do. The fact that the store manager was rather clueless does not give a good look to those being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• None. Very simple interview. Be prepared to ask your own questions.   Answer Question

Changed their original offer. The company is playing games.

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at francesca's.

Interview

I was contacted about an interview almost immediately after submitting my application online. I went in the next day and was interviewed by two Managers. The questions were easy and straightforward. It was pretty casual, laid back and comfortable. The next day I was contacted about an interview with the District Manager. I then had a phone interview with the District Manager the following day. It was also straightforward, behavior/situation based questions. I was told the new hire would be contacted the following morning. Instead, I received a call just a few hours later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was offered much more than I had asked for.

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at francesca's.

Interview

Process was very intimate. Two one on on interviews. Both asked questions related to customer service and exactly what it meant to me. Personal style questions were asked as well. As long as the candidate has retail experience and knows what they are talking about, they should be fun. A bubbly personality is needed to work with this company!

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at francesca's in January 2015.

Interview

Process took 2 months as I applied in November but never got a call until Jan. Interviewed with a store manager first, one that wasn't going to be my own. She did nothing but talk about herself the entire time. I had a follow up interview with the district manager. She read interview questions straight from a packet where she took notes. I talked a lot, (because that's what the interviewee should do) so we only got about half way through the packet before they had another interview but I was offered the job as a part time keyholder and promoted within 2 weeks as assistant manager due to 9 plus year experience in various retail management positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....? How did you react to that situation? What are your strengths/ opportunities? You're basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at francesca's (Tucson, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

overview of previous employment, leadership strength, previous scenarios; for example, how would you handle different situations. different examples on strengths within retail and within management. discussion of what the job entails. the interview was overall basic and pretty straight forward. It was a typical retail interview with the added questions about managing over people

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where to associates were arguing about personal matters on the floor while working?   Answer Question

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at francesca's.

Interview

I interviewed with the manager of the store that I applied to and then I interviewed with the district manager a week later. My potential manager was great, she got all my questions answered and made me feel extremely confident in her as my leader, the company, the position, and myself.

Interview Questions

• What my management style was like? How did I help turn around a employee and her work ethic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at francesca's (Marlborough, MA).

Interview

I was referred by a friend who was, at the time, a current employee. The interview was arranged, and took place 3-4 days later. I had a single phone interview with the DM at the time. She was in the car, driving, when she interviewed me. It was difficult to hear her, because of traffic sounds, wind, etc. The interview took about 15 minutes to complete. I received a phone call about an hour later with an offer, in which I accepted. A background check is required for Key-holders and above, which may take up to a week to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at francesca's (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

Process took less than a week,submitted my application online, got an interview from the acting store Manager within the next 3 days...then had a phone interview with the District manager that last less than 15 minutes. the next day I was offer the job with my suggested pay rate and took it !