francesca's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.1

Sales Boutique Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at francesca's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was recruited by their District Manager who came to our workplace and asked if any of my team members were interested in applying and we all said yes. They were looking to replace the current team who were all basically hs seniors going to college and needed replacements when they left. I had only met the DM once prior to actually getting the job and she is very cool and tries to work with everyone .

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at francesca's.

Interview

Super easy & laid back. Accepted position the same day. Dress nicely/fashionably. You may be asked to go in the store and choose an outfit for a specific occasion and why. When our previous district manager worked for the company I did not have to do so. Our new district manager is more particular, so now all positions have a second interview with him.

Anonymous Employee in Highland Village, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at francesca's (Highland Village, TX).

Interview

My hiring process actually took an entire MONTH. I was called in for an interview with the store manager, she was the only employee in the store at the time so it was difficult to conduct an interview with customers continuously walking in. Then, she told me I would be contacted the next day with the next level manager.. 2 weeks later I came in for the interview, he said the store manager would contact me with an offer. She did, and another 2 weeks later I finally began working. It was ridiculous. However, I LOVE MY JOB!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at francesca's.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a group interview two weeks later. Had a group interview with two other people, was called back almost immediately after interview with a job offer. Started training about a week later after a background check and paperwork.

BTL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at francesca's (Columbia, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a DTL who ended up leaving the company the next week and a 2nd in person interview with another DTL (which turned out to not even be my DTL). They were nice and it was pretty laid back but then when I was hired my DTL was someone else who I had never met who was filling in until someone else could he hired. Basically a complete s#!+ show

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you took with the last person you on boarded   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at francesca's in October 2016.

Interview

It took about 2 hours for the first interview. You go through the basic questions about business, customer service, etc. Then you have to role play the francesca's promise with the interviewing manager and then go to the sales floor and do it with guests. Which is kind of awkward when you don't know where the product is since this is an interview, and sometimes they'd ask you questions you did not really know the answer to for this specific store.
    If they liked you they'd set you up with an interview with the DM which was either in person or over FaceTime. Mine was in person and its another about 2 hour long process. You did not have to role play with the DM but they go deeper in depth in business questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at francesca's (Traverse City, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with store manager in the store. The interview was in the back room of the store which was very cramped & a bit odd.
    The actual interview was pretty good, I thought. More like a conversation about my past work history than just being asked questions off a sheet.

Interview Questions

• Previous customer service experience   1 Answer

Interview

I submitted my application and then called the store a few days later. The store manager immediately scheduled an interview with me. When I showed up everyone was very nice and easy to talk to, just make sure to be conversational and up beat. The interview questions were very easy and basic, but be prepared to talk about you're style and fashion in general. After that we did a short role play where the manager was a customer and I was a store employee helping her out. The last part of the process was that I had to walk around the store and pick out a full outfit (jewelry, shirt, pants, shoes) that I thought described my style, and tell her a little bit about it. She called me the next day and made me an offer!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. She offered me $8.50 an hour and that was just above what I told her I would like to start at.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at francesca's (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online & not even 2-3 days later I received a phone call from the manager asking if I would like to come in for an interview. She also asked me why I wanted to work at Francesca's & if I was able to work holidays during that same phone conversation.

Went in for my interview a couple days later and it was about an hour and a half long. The longest interview I've ever had. Every single question is scenario based. So expect many/all questions to start with "tell me about a time you".

After you finish the question part of the interview, the manager will take you out into the store and give you an event to dress her for. THIS IS WHERE YOU REALLY WANT TO IMPRESS HER. I asked to put together a full outfit for an outdoor country concert in the summer. You have 15 minutes to find an outfit and I did this in about five. Then you have to explain to her why you chose each piece. STAY AWAY FROM REASONS LIKE "I like this" "I would wear this". And say it to your manager as you would describe it to a customer.

If you nail this first interview you will have another interview the following day with the district manager which takes place over the phone. It lasts about 15 to 20 minutes and she asked me scenario based questions also. Both interviews went fantastic and the district manager loved me. One of my biggest tips is to simply know how to carry a conversation. This is a job where customer service is like no other! Smile, have lots of personality, and come with some answers already prepared! I was offered the position as stylist two days later and happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you accomplished a goal that you thought was too hard to do.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded a customers expectations   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a customer was angry with you and what did you do   Answer Question

Negotiation

A couple days after my phone interview, the manager called and said "I would like to make you an offer for 9.25 an hour" after hearing her say it that way I paused and really considered asking for $9.50 instead but decided to say yes to 9.25. I think there is room for negotiation but I didn't go through with it any further.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at francesca's (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

So I applied online, then a few weeks later I called the store and ask if they were hiring and said yes and set up an interview for me the next day.
    The manager interviewed me & asked me a lot of questions and some were really difficult to answer on the stop because some of them take some thinking but I said whatever came to my head. Then she later told me to pick out and outfit for an occasion and later then showed her why I picked out this outfit. She told me that they still had to interview other people so I would find out if I got it or not the next week. Luckily I got a call back from the same manager & she gave me the number for a second interview meeting with the district manager.
    In the second interview I was on the phone with other girl from my school that I actually knew that was running for the position too. The district manager was very nice and asked questions a little bit different from the manager.
    I got a call in two days from the manager saying that I got hired, and so did the other girl that was running for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (always the first question)   1 Answer

Negotiation

$8.50