Fraud analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fraud analyst Interview Questions

fraud analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you detect fraud? What experience do you have?

1 Answer

Worked in Houston, TX with a partner who has a detective agency; I'm a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and have worked in Houston, TX for years.

Where wouldn't you like to live?

3 Answers

The interviewer did a small test during the interview in which the interviewee would have to determine, among a series of "flight paths and customer information," which "purchases" were fraudulent.

2 Answers

Regular questions. Why E&Y? Why FIDs? Tell me about a time when you were working on something and thought everything was going well but at the last minute you realized that it was not going well, how did you approach the situation?

2 Answers

Are you ready for your SAS exam?

Besides reading, give 5 things a book is used for

2 Answers

Tell me about a time you improved efficiency

2 Answers

Describe a time where you implemented an improvement to improve something at a past job?

2 Answers

The initial interview was over the phone with their HR located in their Downtown PHX location. Truthfully, it felt like less of an interview and more so if HR was feeling out my personality to see if I would be a good fit for the company/team. There wasnt any specific questions as to my professional background/experience in fraud analytics and I can only assume thats impart due to the fact that the HR rep that interviewed me does not have a background in fraud, by no means taking anything away from them. The HR rep i spoke with was pleasant, warm, friendly and knowledgeable when providing details regarding company benefits. Though this role is to manage/mitigate fraudulent activity they have the department nested under their Customer Service/Concierge department opposed to having it under their Accounting/Finance department. The reason I point this out is because as a Fraud Specialist with Fair.com you will essentially be required to perform Fraud Specialist and Customer Service/Concierge duties though only being technically compensated for one. Having Fraud and Chargebacks under the customer service department is counterproductive. The interview with management was a way more dry in comparison to the one with HR, equate that to different personality type/interpersonal communication skills. I learned that the company initially did not account for chargebacks/fraudulent activity within their application environment so at this moment they are responding to fraud as it happens opposed to taking proactively addressing it. The department is currently lacking the tools/software needed to properly mitigate fraud and chargebacks, and due to the lack of experience among current employees anyone stepping into this role will aiding with Chargebacks (which is a seperate role/dept) as well as expected to provide Customer service and possible tech/app assistance since this is within a call center environment. In regards to the assessment, i've yet to take but assume that its standard customer service/system questions. The process of submitting application and then being interviewed onsite took exactly 7 days. I've yet to receive an offer but in comparison to current role, benefits etc if i was I doubt that I would leave my current employer for Fair.com mainly due to the Chargeback/Fraud team being under customer service, having to take inbound calls in that role, not having the option to Work from home, and being required to work nights and weekends. If you have more than 3yrs exp in Fraud this may not be a great fit because the pay range is what one would expect for a customer service role.

1 Answer

"How do you feel about... um... adult material that you might see on the job like this."

110 of 623 Interview Questions