frog design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

frog design Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

As expected, it's a pretty intense process. I had 4 rounds of interviews, with the final round being a team interview. They had 7 people present, including many Directors and the Austin ECD. They were each incredibly impressive, articulate, and naturally demanding. That said, the process was very relaxed and comfortable. They are the epitome of professional and respectful. I never got the impression that they wanted to intimidate, nor did they want me to fail. They simply wanted to challenge me. It is not easy to become a frog, as the standards are quite high. It's obvious after going through this process that those standards are paying off!

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style.   Answer Question
    • Have you managed teams that are consistent from project to project, or would they change?   Answer Question
    • Describe your process in preparing and researching for a new project.   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with working on projects that bring together many components versus just one tool or product?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at frog design (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round of interviews was an hour-long phone conversation with a member of the team. They asked several questions about my work, asked which frog design project was my favorite, and left room for my questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite case study on the frog website?   Answer Question

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at frog design (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interviews, followed by in person interview with a team of folks. I was asked to prepare a presentation explaining more about who I am and how I was qualified and a separate presentation on how I would execute the job. I felt like they were looking for a specific answer and were thrown for a loop when I proposed something different and revolutionary to the business. If you think about product development as an industry it is dying. Frog is trying to swim up-stream by trying to compete with the likes of McKinsey. The money is not in the strategy consulting. Even McKinsey is struggling with their business model, branching out to product development and solutions. Pretty soon everyone will be a carbon copy of Accenture. I found it interesting that an innovation firm would have such a protectionist view on their business. The executives are still riding on the success of 40 years ago. Frog, IDEO, McKinsey, BCG, Accenture will all look the same in 5 years. You'll see a lot of consolidation in this space. And for those without a business degree: a business funded by private equity groups or private capital without a self-sustaining growth model is not a winning business model.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about your job?   1 Answer

Senior Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at frog design (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and streamlined. Had 2 phone calls and one onsite interview. This was an entry-level, non-billable position so it was not extremely demanding. We met for coffee and then went to the studio to tour and meet some people which was a very pleasant way to be introduced to the space.

Senior Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at frog design in August 2016.

Interview

Scheduled an interview with the recruiter but she did not show up. Apologized and rescheduled, but the second time did not show up again. Followed up twice but never hear back from her anymore.

Very unprofessional attitude. I doubt top talents would want to join a firm that treats candidates with no respect.

Visual/User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at frog design in February 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a career fair. He didn't lead the conversation he just opened with "So what kind of questions do you have for me?" I was a little thrown off because there wasn't much introduction. He asked for my resume, but didn't look at it. He didn't ask about me. He didn't ask about projects. I wasn't sure how to interact with such a conversation or what he wanted from me as an interviewer. I was instantly turned off by the company, unfortunately. It seemed like he just wanted me gone before we even introduced ourselves. Weirdest and most socially awkward interview ever.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me?   1 Answer

Interaction Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at frog design.

Interview

Phone interview screening to hear about my background and interests and why I wanted to work at Frog. Recruiter explained the internship program and what they were looking for. Then brought in for portfolio review with 3-4 other designers. Pre portfolio review, I was sent an email about things I should focus on in presentation. Constant email back and forth with the talent acquisition partner.

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very thorough with all senior creative, operations, and executive leadership. Was conversational, comprehensive, and well prepared. Best interview was with the President of the company. We hit it off immediately and knew that I was going to fit in well.

Interview Questions

• Questions that probed on cultural fit, experience working in the industry, and ability to collaborate.   Answer Question

Design Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at frog design in May 2015.

Interview

Professional interview with a comfortable atmosphere
    before the interview, the hr will give a simple guideline for this interview
    Process is like:
    Self Intro (both sides)
    one detailed case (related to this role)
    questions about this case
    your questions to this role
    simple feedback

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at frog design (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through employee referral and the website. It took a good two months for the whole process. There was a phone screen and a portfolio review. This was the first stage. The second was the on-site interview with some team members.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about frog projects that you have seen. How would you improve them, Gove one example.   Answer Question