frog design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2018

2.9

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at frog design (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

They sat me in a room and had like 12 people rotate in to talk to me. They tend to do this, I hear. That and have you in for several long, protracted interviews and then never call you back. A lot of people have had a hard time communicating with them during the interview process and would reach out to me because they were frustrated.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I would be comfortable writing copy. I am an ACD, of course. We write copy. Then I realized later they just wanted me to be an overpaid copywriter. I should have followed up to develop a deeper understanding of what they meant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had to negotiate hard for my title. Again, I should have known they just wanted a copywriter. They were ok on money but then I realized they were paying other ACDs a lot more.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

As expected, it's a pretty intense process. I had 4 rounds of interviews, with the final round being a team interview. They had 7 people present, including many Directors and the Austin ECD. They were each incredibly impressive, articulate, and naturally demanding. That said, the process was very relaxed and comfortable. They are the epitome of professional and respectful. I never got the impression that they wanted to intimidate, nor did they want me to fail. They simply wanted to challenge me. It is not easy to become a frog, as the standards are quite high. It's obvious after going through this process that those standards are paying off!

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style.   Answer Question
    • Have you managed teams that are consistent from project to project, or would they change?   Answer Question
    • Describe your process in preparing and researching for a new project.   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with working on projects that bring together many components versus just one tool or product?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at frog design (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round of interviews was an hour-long phone conversation with a member of the team. They asked several questions about my work, asked which frog design project was my favorite, and left room for my questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at frog design (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Great phone screen initially. Full day second round in the studio. Offer by the end of the week. It was a tough interview because frog knows exactly what they are looking for and you need to be confident in your ability and experience to work here. frog is not for everyone. It is the kind of place that requires emotional intelligence, entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to adapt to the environment. The people are great, the work is unlike another and you either want to be a part of it or you don't. In the end they are very selective.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your fan base? Who are they and why are they fans?   1 Answer
    • What is your value proposition to the organization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary. They exceeded my expectations.They were honest and upfront about what was possible and what was not. I had done my homework and so had they.

Visual Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at frog design in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process is fairly casual. Bring a lot of work and show your process. Do a lot of the talking and be a people person. Ask questions to make sure it's a good fit for you. If hired, don't be afraid to negotiate salary. There is a huge range within a job title and they always start on the low side.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I interviewed at frog design (Greenville, SC) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was very efficient it took only 2 weeks. I applied online and was contacted by HR. The interview was very comfortable and professional. The questions were straight forward, no abstract off the wall questions

Senior Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at frog design in August 2016.

Interview

Scheduled an interview with the recruiter but she did not show up. Apologized and rescheduled, but the second time did not show up again. Followed up twice but never hear back from her anymore.

Very unprofessional attitude. I doubt top talents would want to join a firm that treats candidates with no respect.

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at frog design (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had several phone interviews, followed by in person interview with a team of folks. I was asked to prepare a presentation explaining more about who I am and how I was qualified and a separate presentation on how I would execute the job. I felt like they were looking for a specific answer and were thrown for a loop when I proposed something different and revolutionary to the business. If you think about product development as an industry it is dying. Frog is trying to swim up-stream by trying to compete with the likes of McKinsey. The money is not in the strategy consulting. Even McKinsey is struggling with their business model, branching out to product development and solutions. Pretty soon everyone will be a carbon copy of Accenture. I found it interesting that an innovation firm would have such a protectionist view on their business. The executives are still riding on the success of 40 years ago. Frog, IDEO, McKinsey, BCG, Accenture will all look the same in 5 years. You'll see a lot of consolidation in this space. And for those without a business degree: a business funded by private equity groups or private capital without a self-sustaining growth model is not a winning business model.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about your job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at frog design.

Interview

Lengthy process involving speaking with many people locally and globally. Other than the length and slowness, frog does a pretty good job in this stage.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions: What would you do if a client wanted to....?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Okay, not too bad. Pretty typical.

Business Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at frog design (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very thorough with all senior creative, operations, and executive leadership. Was conversational, comprehensive, and well prepared. Best interview was with the President of the company. We hit it off immediately and knew that I was going to fit in well.

Interview Questions

• Questions that probed on cultural fit, experience working in the industry, and ability to collaborate.   Answer Question