Front Desk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Front Desk Interview Questions

Working as a front desk clerk demands a candidate who can provide impeccable customer service under pressure, while maintaining a professional demeanor. Interviewers will be interested in how you will go above and beyond to make every customer satisfied, so an understanding of protocol and patience is necessary. You may be asked about how you would contribute to the team and role-play a scenario where you must deal with an angry guest. Present yourself as being an upbeat, jovial, and attentive potential employee to make the best impression.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

If you had a guest who came to the front desk angrily inquiring about why his shower was without hot water and you were also on the other line with another guest trying to answer a few of their questions while a few guests wanted to check -in, what would you do in this type of situation to make everyone happy?

1 Answer

I would ask the person on the other line to please hold while I find out the answers to their questions, ask the angry guest to please come forward so I could help them with their issue & call maintenance while also politely thanking the other guests waiting in line for being so patient. Then I would answer the guest's questions who is on the phone, quickly hang up, and help the guests waiting in line.

have you had any experience in the hotel/hospitality industry?

2 Answers

How would you add to the team?

2 Answers

How will you deal with an angry guest?

1 Answer

Describe a time when you had trouble with a customer and how did you resolve it?

1 Answer

What is your idea of professionalism?

1 Answer

How have you gone above and beyond for a guest/customer in your past jobs?

1 Answer

We only hire the best of the best. Tell me what makes you the best of the best.

2 Answers

How will you balance your family and home life with working a night shift?

3 Answers

What is your social security number?

110 of 2,490 Interview Questions