Full Time Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Full Time Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

1,780

Full time assistant store manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if you had an employee who refused to follow a new program?

2 Answers

Suggest a time line in which they comply to the new program. If further refusal continues, ask for their resignation in writing.

Asking for resignation is a breeding pit for disaster waiting to happen. You come off as being militant and incredibly authoritative (dictatorial). However, this is a fairly common *objection* to new processes being implemented. At this point in becomes a discussion as to *why* there is a new procedure/policy/program. Sure they may not initially agree to it, but in time, if it is something that is indeed beneficial they will either comply, or find another job (and it won't be me forcing them to do so!)

Describe your management style?

1 Answer

What's the stock of the company currently valued at?

4 Answers

Would I be willing to let my cosmetology license go inactive?

3 Answers

What are your weaknesses?

7 Answers

"You are never going to get anywhere with a communications degree" "Right now, I am asking the questions. I will tell you when it's YOUR turn to ask a question" "Wow it seems like you are just all about money. Would you say that is correct?" "What makes you think you can walk in here after never working here before and manage people who have been working here for ten or more years?" "You think you are experienced? I have worked at...(Starts naming every single clothing store he has ever worked in or managed). That's experience." (First of all, sir, I'm not applying for your job....!) "I have friends who make $1000+ every night serving at high end restaurants in New York City. Wouldn't that be nice? But you couldn't do that." "Your resume is total crap." I was asked TWO questions pertaining to the actual job: Managing approach to employees older than I and that had worked there longer, and what metric I would focus on to get all of them up if we were down for the day.

2 Answers

Tell me about a time when you failed to complete a task, what affect did it have and what did you do?

2 Answers

Tell me a time when you had to deliver bad news to a supervisor?

2 Answers

Tell me about a time when you have met with a problem or task and failed.

1 Answer

Your store is flat. You need to do something to get the energy level in the store up. What do you do?

110 of 1,780 Interview Questions