Full Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Full Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

45,686

Full time sales associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why would you recommend Monster HDMI cables versus generic brand?

4 Answers

Monster HDMI cables have higher quality components that reduce interference, meaning a sharper picture and better audio. Plus it will last longer.

This is likely the answer they are looking for, but is mostly false. HDMI is digital signaling, so there is no degradation - if the signal makes it over the cable, it is in it's original and unblemished form. The quality of the cable carrying the signal makes no difference in this case. Analog cables are a different story. The only part of this statement that is true is that a higher quality product will, obviously, last longer than a lower quality one.

Trust me, I know that. But in a job interview for a bottom-barrel SALES job, it's about the answer that will get a product into customers' hands, not the truth. Immoral, ridiculous, unfair, but true.

how do you attempt to sale when there are no customers in the sore?

3 Answers

Sell me this tape dispenser.

2 Answers

What would you do if you brought a customer something to try on and they didn't like it?

2 Answers

What do you do if you are unfamiliar with a product?

2 Answers

How would you sell a Macy's credit card?

1 Answer

What was a time you handled a difficult client?

Scenario: Try to convince me to upgrade to the $70 plan instead of the $50 plan

1 Answer

If you were busy with a line and checking out a customer and another customer seemed to need some help what would you do?

1 Answer

If you could be #1 employee but have all your coworkers dislike you or you could be #15 employee and have all your coworkers like you, which would you choose?

46 Answers