General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for General Manager

General Manager Interview Questions

"Employers hiring general managers are looking for decisive leaders with previous management experience to oversee a department or division in the company. In an interview, be ready to discuss your ability to lead lower-level managers and implement improvements within the business. General managers may join the company directly through management, so interviewers will want candidates who are capable of forming strong relationships with established employees."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"What would you do if you had a poor performer associate that did not meet his/her sales goals? What would you do if they continued?"

1 Answer

They want to hear the word accountability as in write-ups. That if the associate continued to not meet their sales goals that had you done your job correctly you would have submitted enough corrective actions so as to justify termination of said employee.

What are your plans to turn around the sales in this location?

1 Answer

How do you feel about manageing a team of experienced jewelry sales people with more years of experience in the business?

1 Answer

How much are you going to cost me?

2 Answers

WHAT WOULD I TELL A MANAGER OR AN ASSOCIATE WHO IS NOT PERFORMING.

2 Answers

Are you willing to take a drug test today if we needed you to.

2 Answers

How would you describe excellent service/Bad service. Make or break question. make sure you answer well.

2 Answers

"how would you market the space?" "Do you cold call or network?"

1 Answer

What would the company gain by hiring me?

1 Answer

Hiring manager seemed hung up on whether I could survive and thrive in a fast-pace, "chaotic" environment.

110 of 2,238 Interview Questions