General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Manager Interview Questions

"Employers hiring general managers are looking for decisive leaders with previous management experience to oversee a department or division in the company. In an interview, be ready to discuss your ability to lead lower-level managers and implement improvements within the business. General managers may join the company directly through management, so interviewers will want candidates who are capable of forming strong relationships with established employees."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are your plans to turn around the sales in this location?

1 Answer

The methods used in the industry are tried and true, I am not trying to re-invent the wheel. The secret is the execution of these proven projects. Making a goal is no good unless you follow through with all of the steps needed to achieve it, and I have had experience doing this. I then presented my 30/60/90 day plan for the store in question.

"What would you do if you had a poor performer associate that did not meet his/her sales goals? What would you do if they continued?"

1 Answer

How do you feel about manageing a team of experienced jewelry sales people with more years of experience in the business?

1 Answer

When would you be willing to start?

2 Answers

WHAT WOULD I TELL A MANAGER OR AN ASSOCIATE WHO IS NOT PERFORMING.

2 Answers

How much are you going to cost me?

2 Answers

How would you describe excellent service/Bad service. Make or break question. make sure you answer well.

2 Answers

Are you willing to take a drug test today if we needed you to.

Capital spending

1 Answer

How do you think we acquire most of our clients?

110 of 2,006 Interview Questions