General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Manager Interview Questions

"Employers hiring general managers are looking for decisive leaders with previous management experience to oversee a department or division in the company. In an interview, be ready to discuss your ability to lead lower-level managers and implement improvements within the business. General managers may join the company directly through management, so interviewers will want candidates who are capable of forming strong relationships with established employees."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Where would I be in next 10 yrs?

1 Answer

I was applying for being a team member. Bob wanted me as a General Manger. His question "why do you want this job. I was a bit confused how to answer because I didn't know what position I was applying for.

1 Answer

How would you rate your presentation skills for this interview?

1 Answer

Business Model: 1) Launch (how would you launch a grocery business at Amazon?) 2) Growth (what’s the best business model for streaming video?) 3) Pricing (what is the optimal price for the new Twilight book?)

1 Answer

The offer of a $36,000 General Manager salary.

Incomplete interview.

1 Answer

are you willing to start at $10 an hour?

Why Panera bread

2 Answers

None of the questions were overly difficult or unexpected. The informal setting of my initial interview did throw me for a loop though.

1 Answer

What do you want out of a company?

1120 of 1,851 Interview Questions