General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for General Manager

General Manager Interview Questions

"Employers hiring general managers are looking for decisive leaders with previous management experience to oversee a department or division in the company. In an interview, be ready to discuss your ability to lead lower-level managers and implement improvements within the business. General managers may join the company directly through management, so interviewers will want candidates who are capable of forming strong relationships with established employees."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Hiring manager seemed hung up on whether I could survive and thrive in a fast-pace, "chaotic" environment.

1 Answer

Explain to me a sales scenario where did not reach your target.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you made a risky decision and the outcome was not what you expected.

2 Answers

Over 2 hours of situational questions relating to past situations or opinions on things

1 Answer

What could you bring to our company?

1 Answer

I was applying for being a team member. Bob wanted me as a General Manger. His question "why do you want this job. I was a bit confused how to answer because I didn't know what position I was applying for.

1 Answer

since I have a small stature and I am a woman they asked if I had problems with disciplining my employees. I found this question rather sexist.

1 Answer

who, what, where, when, and why. nothing out of the box at all. I had to take two test, one prior to being invited to interview, and the other one on site. Phyc Profile Test & IQ. both of which I passed.

1 Answer

What would not have happened at your last job if you had not been there?

1 Answer

"How will you handle the transition from peer to manager with respect to your co-workers"

1120 of 2,253 Interview Questions