Geologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Geologist Interview Questions

Geologist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a situation where you were a manager and one of your employees was not completing his or her tasks?

2 Answers

follow standard chain of complaints.

The real answer: Promote that person

What are your strong points?

1 Answer

I will say, when he asked me if I have worked in exploration team before. He did not give me a single second to respond and moved on to another question.

1 Answer

What was a situation in which you had a disagreement with another employee?

1 Answer

Why I couldn't move closer to the job site.

1 Answer

I'm a graduate student with no job experience in my field, so the online assessment was baffling, because it was full of questions apparently aimed at applicants who have been previously employed. For example, I'm pretty sure I've never delegated and assigned tasks to team members from different departments working on the same project, but there were plenty of questions asking about how good I am at doing tasks like that.

Tell us about yourself.

1 Answer

Mainly all technical questions directly related to the work. Pleasant surprise

1 Answer

The most striking question they asked me was if I felt comfortable managing local crews of men out in the field, for tasks like drilling.

1 Answer

The interview was just primarily a series of standard personality/behavior questions, such as describe a challenge you overcame (the example they gave was fixing a flat tire), or describe a time you were innovative, (the same quetions you've heard over and over in interviews), etc. But they also tried to catch me off-guard with a couple of "tricky" questions, such as showing me two clocks telling me to describe how much time may have passed.

110 of 148 Interview Questions