Marriott International Interview Question: give an exampld of how tou ha... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Outlet Supervisor Interview Provo, UT

give an exampld of how tou handled a difficult situation

Answer

Interview Answer

23 Answers

I give my best to handle the difficult situation. If need i take help of my supervisor. But not always. I try to solve the problem by myself as per company rules and regulations.

Anonymous on Aug 21, 2018

I"ll handle situation very innocently and calmly and patiencely because if we handle situation in angriness and fastly some more problems occur

Tabish mirza on Aug 23, 2018

At First We Have To Smile In Every Situation So That We Can Send The Positive Vibrations To The Opposite Person And He Will Listen What We Are Saying.If Not Both Can Discuss And Slove The Problems

Anonymous on Aug 26, 2018

to answer this question, it is necessary to determine the time limit for decision , the quick decision is different from the decisions of the longer time.In the case of the quick decision of the critical situations, the first step is to inform the administration and obtain a mandate to take an appropriate decision.If the problem concerns the customer i will excert solicitude to satisfy the customer the best service - - - 2 - If the problem related to administrative action will be decisions to abide by the decisions and rules
In case there is sufficient time to the decision and obtained the authorization from top management to do so, it means that the problem is related to administrative work and will be the procedures 1 - abide by the rules and laws 2 - the several alternatives to solutions 3 - the development of a plan to implement each solution 4 - choice the solution must contain this important point (- A - The fastest - B The least cost - the appropriate resources available 4 - Decent level of quality 5 - does not conflict with the plan and the approach of the higher management) thats my way in critical situations

Anonymous on Sep 9, 2018

Anonymous on Sep 9, 2018

Naume on Sep 24, 2018

Difficult situations will always be present in the work environment both with guests and staff. It will not always be a win win for both parties but the best solution is important. For guests , its important to hear both sides of the incident before trying to find a solution. Satisfying the guest is important to keep a guest than to find a new one. Make a decision that will atleast motivate the guest to want to come back or to sell the company to someone. The rules and regulations still important . Staffs are very important for the functioning of the company. Rules and policies are there to guide and so a solution should not jeopardize the company.

Anonymous on Oct 15, 2018

There's no such thing as difficult situations, only difficult people. I'm very good at cutting off people who create difficult situations.

Anonymous on Oct 28, 2018

Focus and dont panic

Anonymous on Nov 16, 2018

“Yes, I can. Approximately 3 weeks ago, whilst at work I overheard a particularly disturbing conversation between two work colleagues. One of the work colleagues was being verbally abusive to the other person. There had already been rumours in the office that the two of them did not get on particularly well and now it had come to a head in the canteen during a work break.

Although the situation was none of my business, I was extremely concerned with some of the abusive comments one of my colleagues was making and I felt this was not acceptable as it appeared to be bullying in nature. Any form of bullying in the workplace is not acceptable and I was determined to intervene. My end goal was to seek a resolution to the situation and in order to achieve this, I would need to speak them both in private to seek a way forward.

First of all, I spoke to the person who was on the receiving end of the verbal abuse. I spoke to her in private and calmly told her that I was aware of the comments the other work colleague had been making. She informed me that she was having issues with him as he had been making unwanted comments towards her about her performance at work and that she felt uncomfortable in his company. After gathering the information from her I decided to speak to the man who had been making these comments.

I spoke to him in private and calmly explained that I had overheard his comments in the canteen area and that I was not happy with what I had heard. He reacted angrily to me and told me that it was none of my business and that I should keep my nose out of it. I remained calm, spoke in a soft but assertive manner and told him that his comments were, in fact, bullying in nature, which was against our companies policy. I went on to inform him that these comments were not just unwelcome by the person they were aimed at, but they were also unwelcome by me, too.

As soon as I mentioned this to him, his attitude changed. He told me he was finding work stressful and that he felt his work colleague was not pulling her weight. After listening to his concerns, I explained to him that there was perhaps a better way of resolving this issue and that he should seek to build a better relationship with his work colleague and even offer to help her improve her quality of work, as opposed to making abusive and threatening comments.

Anonymous on Nov 16, 2018

He agreed with my suggestion and apologized to me for his behaviour. I thanked him for being reasonable and suggested he should also apologise to his work colleague and get together with her to find a way forward. I also offered at this stage to mediate the meeting between them, to which he agreed. After the mediation meeting, both work colleagues agreed to work together in a more harmonious manner and the man promised never to bully or intimidate his work colleague again. Instead, he offered to support her and help her to improve. I felt that by intervening in this situation I was able to prevent it from deteriorating further and ultimately turned a negative situation into a positive one.”

Main ek acha cook Hu mujhe apna kam Shambhala acha aata Hai

Anonymous on Jan 18, 2019

First of all we have to know that how would the problem effects our performance or workplace than I discussed it with my senior supervisors or site manger than we develop a proper alternatives to solve the concern problem.

Anonymous on Feb 11, 2019

Get into root of problem then understanding from every side and solving using minimum effort to benefit every parties is simplest way to solve any problem.

Anonymous on Feb 15, 2019

Anonymous on Feb 19, 2019

Dealing with the client is not difficult. I do the customer's threats. I explain to him the policy of the company. He listened to the problem that he experienced and listened to him well and presented him with appropriate solutions and solutions within the company's political framework and his service in the best form and welcome him because he is the most important in our work in the company

Anonymous on Feb 27, 2019

Stay calm contact the front desk for management been logged down what happened in the situation

Anonymous on Mar 26, 2019

Contact front desk supervisor stay calm assess the situation try to resolve it in a grateful for

Anonymous on Mar 26, 2019

Stay calm and handle the situation than you get a solution for the problem

Anonymous on Mar 31, 2019

Stay calm and handle the situation so we can solve the problem

Anonymous on Mar 31, 2019

I will do my best with the help of my interpersonal skills by follwing Organization Rules and Regulations.Will keep myself patiencely and possitive to handle this situation.in this dificult time my most first priority is my guest and customers.

Anonymous on Apr 21, 2019

Calm and take a better decision

Anonymous on May 2, 2019

I will Stay calm to slove the difficult situation. Will not take anything personally.

Anonymous on May 3, 2019

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.