Graduate assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Graduate assistant Interview Questions

"As a graduate assistant, you will work closely with a professor or other instructor in your field of study, performing supportive tasks such as teaching discussion classes and conducting research. Be prepared to discuss at length your background in the field, including research concentrations, journal articles, or teaching experience. Before your interview, be sure to familiarize yourself with the professor's areas of expertise."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What do you think is necessary for a Graduate Assistant Position

Friendly, Quick to respond

The professor quizzed me on several technical aspects of a journal paper I was a co-author of. Most of them were manageable. He asked me what exactly my contribution was in that paper and why I was not first author on it.

1 Answer

What research area are you interested in?

1 Answer

How do you think psychology research will help you in a medical research lab?

2 Answers

what's your math level

2 Answers

What was my previous research?

1 Answer

Professors pick who they want as their GAT. So it helps if you are well known in the department and are involved.

1 Answer

GPA was taken into account when being selected.

1 Answer

Must maintain full-time status to maintain TA status. There were no interview questions, I was hired solely because of my status as grad student and 2+ years of nursing experience. Because of the lax requirements for becoming a TA, many graduate teaching assistants were severely unfit for their teaching roles.

110 of 1,665 Interview Questions