Graduate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

Graduate engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You are in a room by yourself and someone walks into the room, asks you to find the temperature, and leaves. How would you find the temperature in the room without leaving the room?

3 Answers

Call a friend to bring a thermometer over.

Cut a 5cm*5cm*5cm ice cube from the refrigerator, and test how long it take for it to melt completely.

Find two equal size ice cubes, for the first one, wait till it melts completely(0 ℃) , heat it till it boils, record the time t1. For the second one, wait long enough till the water has the same temperature with the room, than heat it till it boils, record the time t2. The room temperature is 100*t2/t1.

Write a function (in your preferred language C, C++, or Java) that will take the given string and return the reverse. (ie. input:"abc def ghi" output:"ihg fed cba") Optimize the above code (if possible). Now knowing that the original function you wrote in pt1 is being used by other programs and cannot be modified write another function that when called will utilize the function from pt1 to only reverse the words in the sentence. (ie. input:"abc def ghi" output:"ghi def abc") Test your code.

2 Answers

All of the interview questions were pretty standard, but I had some questions after my presentation that were technical (in regards to my topic) that made me a little flustered.

2 Answers

Basic operation on Boost Converter

1 Answer

Write a function that when given a string will return the position of the starting point of the largest reoccurring character. (ie. given:"AAABBCCCCD" would return 5 (starting point of C)) Test your code.

Mayan number system test

1 Answer

Have you ever encountered a technical problem during your research work.

1 Answer

Please describe the most technically interesting building in your city.

1 Answer

Give us a talk on a safety related issue.

1 Answer

Rate how you think you're doing during the interview on a scale of 1-10. Who was the leader in your group (from the final presentation where you sell Baker Hughes to college students)?

110 of 200 Interview Questions