Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Graduate research assistant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The professor quizzed me on several technical aspects of a journal paper I was a co-author of. Most of them were manageable. He asked me what exactly my contribution was in that paper and why I was not first author on it.

1 Answer

I replied that the project was industry-funded and because I was a student at the time the industry I was working for did not share enough proprietary details with me like they did with my advisor who was the first author on the paper. As a result it was easier and much faster for my advisor to write the paper up and add me on as a second author despite the fact that I did all the experimental work that was featured in it. The rest of the interview was excellent and the Professor collected my references and then e-mailed them separately for recommendations. In ~4 weeks time I was hired.

What research area are you interested in?

1 Answer

How would you help a student decide which internship to take if they had more than one option?

1 Answer

What would you say to a student who asked why they should apply for an internship?

1 Answer

Why Analog design as your specialization?

Why do you want to be a Graduate Research Assistant

1 Answer

Do you think your good at solidworks?

1 Answer

Discussed about my research and my plan for teaching. Also discussed about my teaching interest and previous experience.

1 Answer

What is your background? Why you want to pursue PhD here?

110 of 717 Interview Questions