Graphic Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Graphic Designer Interview Questions

Graphic Designer Interview Questions

In preparation for an interview, come ready to discuss your portfolio at length as well as your design process and what design software you are familiar with. Graphic design positions can be very specific to the company so make sure you brush up on the company's current design style and are ready to explain how your style and experience will mesh.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

I do not believe that my portfolio was fully prepared for that specific interview. There were a few gaps (such as html emails) that they were looking for, that I have, but had no examples of.

1 Answer

Name three words to describe yourself and why.

Tell me about yourself.

1 Answer

"The important thing is do you have a sense of urgency?" was asked by the Vice President of Operations. There was no explanation or context for this question.

1 Answer

Are you experienced with flash?

1 Answer

They honestly didn't ask any specific questions, the interview was more of a conversation. There were two people interviewing me at the same time, which threw me for a curveball. It started with me introducing myself and running through my portfolio with them. After that, they told me what I'd be doing and showed me some books they had worked on themselves. They asked a little about my interest in comics, what my future plans are and some other small questions, but no traditional interview questions.

1 Answer

What would you do in a stressful situation?

1 Answer

What is my favorite font?

1 Answer

Have you ever had to deal with any difficult clients? How did you resolve the problem?

1 Answer

What do you do when people do not like your work.

2 Answers