Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions in Greenville, SC | Glassdoor

Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions in Greenville, SC

"When interviewing candidates for the role of mechanical engineer, employers look for candidates who are enthusiastic to create innovative designs, analyses, and methods of production for mechanical systems. Expect to answer engineering questions that will assess your knowledge of the field as well as your creative problem-solving abilities to turn a theoretical device into a real product. In addition, come ready to discuss examples of past projects or designs and how you would excel in a team-oriented setting."

Top Interview Questions

The representatives had physical parts and asked questions relating to the parts that demonstrated problem solving skills. All of the questions were laid back and the process was straightforward.

Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.

Go over my resume and pick several experiences and ask me to answer them.

1 Answer

I was asked to read a technical drawing of a green tire assembly machine and name as many parts as I could. The drawing was in SI units, and drawn first angle projection as it was of French origin, whereas I was more familiar with third angle projection typical of the US.

1 Answer

Why do you want to pursue engineering as a career?

1 Answer

What was an experience you had where you had to step up and make a decision that affected more than just yourself?