Help Desk Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Help Desk Technician Interview Questions

Help desk technician interviews are designed to test your ability to communicate clearly and solve problems over the phone to people who are often flustered. Good communication and the ability to simplify solutions are key qualities for potential employees. Certain certifications may be required depending on the field of work.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

A computer won't boot up. What are the steps you would take to troubleshoot the problem.

1 Answer

I told them I would check the boot log, then reset the TCP/IP stack, and then if all else failed, do a reinstall of the OS over the existing OS

Could you tell me how to tie my shoe?

1 Answer

How would you troubleshoot a problem connecting to a network resource.

1 Answer

They ask you how you would specifically handle a customer that is angry. I heard that and thought wow you get a lot of those calls that you have to ask your applicants. Also they asked me if I would be offended by foul language, I am personally not but that begs the question do you let your employees talk to customers like that?

1 Answer

Do you really make that much at your current employer?

1 Answer

If hired, how would you apply your degree (M. Ed in Instructional Technology) as an IT Helpdesk Technician?

1 Answer

What was my specialty on my last job.

1 Answer

command to check is computer online? command to enter safe mode? network card physical address is called what? how to remotely connect to computer?

1 Answer

What would you do if the power fails. A disaster preparedness question.

1 Answer

The most difficult question is always your biggest flaw or weakness.

110 of 386 Interview Questions