Help Desk Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Help Desk Technician Interview Questions

Help desk technician interviews are designed to test your ability to communicate clearly and solve problems over the phone to people who are often flustered. Good communication and the ability to simplify solutions are key qualities for potential employees. Certain certifications may be required depending on the field of work.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you troubleshoot a problem connecting to a network resource.

1 Answer

There are several questions to ask the customer starting with 'when was the last time you could access this resource? what has changed since then? I would also trying pinging the IP address or perhaps doing an nslookup to see if it might be DNS related problem etc...

Could you tell me how to tie my shoe?

1 Answer

A computer won't boot up. What are the steps you would take to troubleshoot the problem.

1 Answer

If I was comfortable using certain troubleshooting steps to diagnose a certain issue.

1 Answer

No question was that difficult but to pick one: What steps would you take if someone cannot log into a computer?

2 Answers

There were no technical questions, or really even behavioral questions. There was a small 15 question test and something like a 150 question personality test to be completed online to see if you know how to google and are going to be at work on time. The interviews were more of a tell me about your resume, certifications, and class work. When talking with the supervisor we discussed phone operating systems and why we disliked one or preferred another.

1 Answer

None really. I just sat there listening to them tell me about the position.

1 Answer

command to check is computer online? command to enter safe mode? network card physical address is called what? how to remotely connect to computer?

1 Answer

What was my specialty on my last job.

What is a network.