hhgregg Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

hhgregg Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was more of a sales job on the company with a few questions about my background. The sales manager told me all about the great things the company did for the employees and how great the pay structure was. After that he asked me a few questions about my resume and a couple of situation based questions about my past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Concord, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Was called to meet in person. They briefly discussed the position and then offered me the position pending my drug test. It was very easy and they will hire just about anyone. They no longer drug test at this time as they are trying to cut down on costs in many ways. There is an insanely high turnover here so unless you do something dumb your chances of getting hired are quite high.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg (Charlotte, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Was called by GM to come meet with Sales Manager. The truth is, I didn't really take the process seriously, but I was offered the job anyways. I accepted it. The interviewer spent most of the interview explaining how the commission structure worked while trying to sell the job to me, rather than ask me questions to find out if qualified for it.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg (Charlotte, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

They will hire anyone off the street. Does not cost them because ALL they pay is minimal commission. I saw someone in torn jeans and a ball cap get hired on the spot

Hhgregg General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Had to drive all the way to Charlotte,NC. 5 hrs away to interview. Was a 30 minute process and drive all the way back. It was a panel interview with the Division Vice President and a Regional Manager. After that I met with the Division HR manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg (Gastonia, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

The Interview process usually takes an hour the management will look over you app and probably will give you some scenarios that may or have happened in the store to see how you will handle the each of them .They may ask you to give a sales pitch on a random product to see where your confidence level is at .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Electronic Salesman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Charlotte, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

The first manager asked about my accountability in last job. He didn't say about pure commission. He explained unclearly about the termination if a salesman does not sell well, e.g. no number of volume or amount $. The second manager explained stoutly for earning as commission paid only; don't expect to get hourly pay or $ or 'draw-$' as hhgregg calls as I knew later. It's not a difficult interview. One candidate just need to show up with determination to sell and work on commission base.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no much to negotiate. One can try to ask for the privilege of selling both sides, TV and appliance, to earn more volume and $. The other is to ask for certain date be off, e.g. Mon & Tue, because you get days-off on weekdays only.

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Pineville, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

Trained new hires on company procedures and managing customer expectations. Fast paced electronics and appliance retail environment requiring constant multi-tasking while ensuring a very high level of customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• When a customers wants to cancel their order. I like to get their salesperson involved so then can resolve the issue, and save the sale.   Answer Question