hhgregg Customer Service Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hhgregg Customer Service Merchandiser Interview Questions

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Went in for interview on a Wednesday and started work literally two Wednesday's later. Interview was laid back, with the General Manager just the two of us sitting and talking on a sofa on the sales floor. Extremely easy interview. Got offered and took the position. Background check was clear. Didn't ask for a drug test, which maybe they should since some people come to work intoxicated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for hhgregg

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Mays Landing, NJ).

Interview

Quick and effective. Gave company history and goals. Explained pay rate and hours. Gave detailed list of job responsibilities. Manager was kind and able to answer all my questions on the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I would make a good addition to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the position of customer service merchandiser. I was contacted by one of the store managers for an in-person interview. I was asked some basic questions about my past experience, and why I wanted to work for hhgregg. I applied prior to their grand store opening, so they were hiring lots of customer service employees and salespersons.

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Niles, IL).

Interview

Phone call interview to scedhule a in-person interview with GM. No questions were asked besides availability. In person interview with GM was a list of questions which were all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a difficult task and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I started an application online and before I was finished a Manager from the store called me to set up an interview for two days later. The interview was with the positions direct supervisor and a department manager. After ten minutes of questions, I was asked to fill out a few questionnaires to determine my work style and the two interviewing me stepped outside the room. When the interviewers came back in they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The hiring process will take, at a minimum, 2 weeks. No CMS that I have seen have been hired faster than within a 2 week period. Corporate will undoubtedly need various taxation and other legal documents completed many more times than just once. Background screenings take the majority of the two weeks, and the drug test has same-day results. If the background check gets back to the store in an efficient manner, then all you have to do is complete the company's forms a few times over, over the span of a few days, to be legally allowed to work.

Interview Questions

• Interviewing experience was very minimal, leading me to expect that the job wouldn't entail as much responsibility as they say. Unfortunately, you will be responsible for MUCH more than expected, and poorly compensated for your skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Jensen Beach, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

very long took about 4 weeks from start to finish and you need to keep up with them they forget to check on it. The drug test is pretty fast but if you dont call them to remind them to check there email you may never hear from them again, the background test takes a few weeks per county and again you have to call them to remind them your being hired pretty aggravating

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating its there way or no way

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Pineville, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

Trained new hires on company procedures and managing customer expectations. Fast paced electronics and appliance retail environment requiring constant multi-tasking while ensuring a very high level of customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• When a customers wants to cancel their order. I like to get their salesperson involved so then can resolve the issue, and save the sale.   Answer Question

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Started with the Operations Manager (your direct supervisor), asked basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Afterwards, you will be called back for a second interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a pay can fluctuate slightly depending on experience but not much leeway. It's a customer service job.

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg (Merrillville, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

called in for interview after applied online

Negotiation

the working times