hhgregg Electronics Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2017

1.5

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Highland, IN).

Interview

Was fairly easy. Met with general manager and he explained the draw system (100% commission based pay) and asked me a couple questions about myself. Took about a week for my call back and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for hhgregg

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg (Largo, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I was sat down in the furniture section, he looked over my resume but wanted me to talk about it in my own words and asked again what I was applying for. He then asked some questions about retail experience, situational questions (STAR responses worked perfectly here) and made sure I understood the pay structure. After that, he asked me for questions or concerns.

Interview Questions

• What was my retail experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The manager kept me waiting for about thirty minutes, then gave me a brief tour of the store and explained the way things were supposed to work. He proceeded to DRAMATICALLY lie about the amount of money myself and the other two individuals I was hired with would make. He talked about making two grand a week, and said we'd all be driving new cars within the first months of making commission.

I was the highest performing electronics salesman at the store for months and barely made enough money to pay bills.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get from hhgregg?   1 Answer

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg in October 2015.

Interview

he asked me 4 basic questions about my past emplyment. told me about the commision against draw sallery offer me a job. accepted now just have to wait a week for background check to clearand i will star working,

Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Trussville, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and maybe a week in a half they called me for 2 interviews. one with a sales manager and one with a general manager. the interview process was quick and easy took less than 10mins interview. basically, he wanted to see if I had a good personality since it was a sales job.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I went in and he told me the job description and when was I available to start. I didn't even get interviewed it was like I was already hired once I submitted the application

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and withing a week i was called in for an interview by the store manager. We scheduled an appointment for Friday that same week for 2 pm. Day of the interview i arrived 15 min early, as i walked toward the front door i noticed one of the employees helping a customer load a flat screen in their car. Once inside i was able to locate the manger, i introduced myself and he took me to his office to get the interview underway.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior sales experience?
      A customer comes in and is shopping for a present for her 12 yrs old granddaughter how would you handle it?
      Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hhgregg in October 2014.

Interview

Easy going. Interviewer was very personable. Question and answer period was relaxed. After a brief discussion and some standard questions, we toured the store and discussed possibilities. Though I was not immediately offered the position, I felt positive about my experience with the ops manager.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any previous sales experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brown Deer, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Brown Deer, WI) in September 2014.

Interview

My first interview was with the sales manager. Didn't ask many questions, just pretty much told me what I was going to do on the job and how much opportunity there was to make money. The general manager held my second interview, which was much more a traditional style than the first, but was still pretty straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe your interest in working in a sales-driven environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was more of a sales job on the company with a few questions about my background. The sales manager told me all about the great things the company did for the employees and how great the pay structure was. After that he asked me a few questions about my resume and a couple of situation based questions about my past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer.   Answer Question