hhgregg General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hhgregg General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2016

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had three phone interviews that were geared around my past experiences, date available, and salary requirements. Because of my related background the questions that were asked were quite different. The interview was more on the lines of giving me information about the company and its direction.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I explained my current employment status and gave an idea of what I'm interested in.

Other Interview Reviews for hhgregg

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Meet with store manager for 1st interview. 2nd and/or 3rd interview with Regional Manager and Divisional Vice President. They both have to approve but its the DVP that has final say. Interviews my be group conducted or several interviews go on in same store...doesnt mean there is only one spot...they will at times look for 2-3 at once. Sales experience helps

Interview Questions

• They like to get a feeling for you....outside of work. There is a lot of work related questions...but they wanna know what makes you, you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Phone call with an offer. I attempted to negotiate but it is a bonus incentive position

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg (Greenville, SC) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview was good. Everything seemed ok, until they give you your store. Once you get your own store they treat you like a piece of crap. Expect no family time at all. You might as well be married to your store.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy - Listened to the interviewer talk about an experience that h.h Gregg offers that I still have yet to see. The interview was more listening about how much money they say you can make which is not true

Interview Questions

• Cant remember any that was impressive   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg (Baltimore, MD) in April 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, then I was contacted by a general manager who invited me in for an interview. I then interviewed with the district manager. People were pleasant a sales environment that puts its emphasis on closing customers. Company focus is to gain mkt share in appliances and have a professional staff the present to customers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a sale problem and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The pay scale wasn't financially adequate

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Nashville, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

There is no interview procedure to prepare for. Most of the interview experiences are meet and greet scenarios and setting job expectations. The hardest part of hiring an hhgregg managers is finding a candidate that can work the long hours and handle the pressure for lower than big box retail average pay without burning out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little room to negotiate. Discussing pay at hhgregg is highly discouraged as there is a large gap in pay between managers in the same position. Managers coming from outside the company are paid much more than managers promoted internally.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg in March 2009.

Interview

GOT A CALL FROM A RM.
    INTERVIEW WAS SET FOR A FACE TO FACE
    COMPLETED THE APPLICATION AND ASSESMENT TEST
    DID A BACK GROUND AND DRUG TEST
    MET WITH THE DVP
    WAS OFFERED THE JOB

Interview Questions

• WHY HHGREGG   1 Answer
    • TELL US ABOUT YOUR LAST GM POST AND WHAT MAKES YOU SUCCESFUL   1 Answer

Negotiation

Had to neg. three different times before setteling at 40K a yr as a GM. hhgregg offers a very small base salary with emphesis on bonuses and how big they are ( how big they MAY be). If you are offred a job, stick to your guns. hhgregg will not pay out base salaries like other big box retailers, So be sure you understand the bonus structure clearly. This is the only way you will exeed your income potential.