hhgregg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2018

2.0

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at hhgregg in July 2016.

Interview

The APPLICATION process should NOT take over 3.5-4 hours. I almost gave up because it was such a long process. From reading the job description, to creating a new account (1 hour), to doing the hour long personality test to see what my thoughts are on world hunger (Little over 1 hour), to THEN completing the REST of your account, you have to type in your entire resume manually (over 1 hour). Most companies maybe 20-30 minutes top, but this was way over doing it. Most people will probably give up after the 1-2 hour mark because they want to bang their head on the wall after thinking so much. I hope that it was worth it. After reading reviews on here, not sure it was. I haven't even done the actual interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Everyone was in a group and were asked questions. It was alright. nothing too exciting. The employer had great hygiene even though he was half awake. He looked like he just wanted someone to make his day.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Incompetent interviewer, he Googled the questions and didn't understand the questions himself. He asked questions about AngularJS and NodeJS, the company doesn't use these technologies. If you're going to ask a candidate technology questions, make sure you know what the heck you're talking about. The interviewer is supposed to be a web developer but he doesn't even know about the technologies that HHGregg uses. Incredibly lazy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Node.js question from an interviewer that has never worked with node.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered $5K less than what I asked.

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The interview process was very basic questions: why should we hire you, why do you feel you are best for the job, what are you salary requirements. It is a one day 25 minute process which anyone who interviews basically will get hired. Basically all star questions and will even throw in a question like whats your favorite tv show?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

quick and easy, easy questions, personable. Simple job with simple assignments in a simply enviroment. simple.simple. Easiest interview ever, great managers also, miss it. im just trying to get 30 words. this is dragging. all this to see a review

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (North Charleston, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was short and sweet. The interviewer was straight to the point with the details of the job. I was asked about five questions and then toured around the facility.

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Mansfield, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Basically just got asked what my availability was and got sent to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Really didn't get asked any questions, the manager seemed like she was just trying to rush through the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, got paid $8 an hour.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I initially went inside the store and spoke to the manager about applying for a position; he referred me to the company website and asked me to call him after I completed the application.
    I completed the application and the 100+ questionnaire and called the manager, he told me he would review the application and get back to me the same day. Two weeks later he called me to schedule an interview.
    I came in for the interview, and we sat in the furniture area of the sales floor. It was very relaxed; all the questions asked were in an easy format to respond to and were majorly get-to-know-you questions. A few weeks later I was then drug screened for the position and never heard from HH Gregg again. The results were negative for anything and I have not received any notification as to why or if I was declined for the position.

Throughout this process it was impossible to get in contact with a manager at the store and felt that It was not worth my time to continue waiting for any kind of response.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if the phone is constantly ringing while you are checking out a customer with no other associates available to answer the call.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Don' remember the interview much. I do remember them trying to push me into being a salesman.

Negotiation

Don' remember

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Applied on line and received a call from the store manager a few days later.
    He asked me a few questions about about if I worked in a warehouse, also we talked about my previous work experiences. Really easy questions at that. I then had to take a drug test and then was offered the job.