hhgregg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2016

2.5

MIT- Manager IN TRAINING Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg in September 2016.

Interview

Applied and received a call the following day. Phone interview was very informative. I was told to go online and take the assessment test and complete the online profile. I did so and several days later still no word...

Appliance Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very easy and the interviewer are very detailBasic sales interview
    Asked about CRM Familiarity
    What attributes will you bring to the team
    Cold calling comfort level
    Management is remote so please be on time for scheduled interview. Unless opening a new location second interview will more than likely be a phone interview. Ask about true 1st year earning potential to get accurate expectations

Interview Questions

• What is the goal on your past experience?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at hhgregg in July 2016.

Interview

The APPLICATION process should NOT take over 3.5-4 hours. I almost gave up because it was such a long process. From reading the job description, to creating a new account (1 hour), to doing the hour long personality test to see what my thoughts are on world hunger (Little over 1 hour), to THEN completing the REST of your account, you have to type in your entire resume manually (over 1 hour). Most companies maybe 20-30 minutes top, but this was way over doing it. Most people will probably give up after the 1-2 hour mark because they want to bang their head on the wall after thinking so much. I hope that it was worth it. After reading reviews on here, not sure it was. I haven't even done the actual interview.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Pretty simple...situational questions. Consisted of 2 on site interviews and 2 phone interviews. The interview questions were geared more towards how I would fit within the organization. The interviewer did a great job explaining what would be expected of the training and measurable timeframes to expect completion of training.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would motivate employees   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in application online on a Tuesday, got a call that Thursday from sales manager to come in for an interview. Scheduled it for that Friday at 2pm got there around 1:50 and one of the associates there asked me if he could help me, I told him I was there for an interview and he showed me around a bit while I waited for the manager to finish with the another applicant. That associate then went and talked to the manager before interviewing me and I'm not sure what was said but, I know the associate said to me that he would rather see me hired than the person that was already being interviewed and I guess he made that known to the manager. As soon as the manager came over to me he shook my hand and then said I guess we can start at sort of the end of the interview here, he showed me what I would be doing and what my responsibilities would be told me how sales work then we went to his desk, he asked me two questions maybe three. Then he just went into the detail of how pay worked and asked if I would be interested in coming in for a second interview. I said yes and we scheduled my second interview for this Monday coming up. He then mention how he liked me and said how well I kept eye contact and was involved in the interview compared to other applicants. I said thank you shook his hand and then left. Overall so far, I would rate this a great experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here/ how would you be successful here?
      2. Do you have any sales experience?
      3. What is your greatest strength?
      1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at hhgregg (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter through social media. Played phone tag for two weeks before initial phone screen. Numerous phone interviews with various department heads and board members. Spent 8 hours driving myself to the interview, with no offer of lunch, a snack, a soda.....nothing. Very poor, unprofessional experience from a level of people who should know better. Follow up was non-existent. I think I dodged a bullet by not receiving an offer that I might otherwise have accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure (future department) including number of managers and what would their tasks be?   1 Answer
    • What immediate changes would you make?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any misgivings about working here?   1 Answer

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I called the store to see if they where hiring, the manger said yes they where . she took my name and number and asked if I could fill out an online application and the general manager would look at it later that day. I got a call in the evening to set up an interview the next day. I arrived to hhgregg 20 minutes early. I met with a manager and we sat on the couch's right in front of the store. I was asked about my holiday schedule and that was about it. The manager said he would call me later that day with an offer . he never did. So I called and the manager said that they didn't have an opening for me but would call me when they did.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg in April 2014.

Interview

Applied on the company website. Received a call 2 days later from the local Store Manager. Interview was not a professional interview nor was it appropriate for the open position I applied to.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The interview process at HHGregg was extremely unprofessional and quite frankly, embarrassing. I completed the application process through the website which allows you to send your resume, do a basic online application, and then complete an assessment. I was then contacted by a senior store manager shortly after. We talked briefly on the phone and then set up an interview at a store location relatively close to my home. After that was all set up, I decided to do a little research about the company before my interview. I looked into it’s reputation amongst present and past employees, as well as its financials and overall success as a retailer. I was very turned off by what I read, and quite honestly had little desire to commit to HHGregg at that point. However, I figured it wouldn’t hurt to interview. The day before the interview the store manager I was dealing with contacts me to tell me he can’t do the interview at the store (by my home) the we agreed on, and asks me to drive to a store an hour away for the interview. However, he says that his District Manager will be at this new store and after the first interview, I can do a 2nd one with this DM right on the spot. I say ok and head out the following day. After arriving 10 minutes early, I am told the my interviewer is running late. So I wait around for over 30 minutes and he finally shows. So we conduct the interview. It goes well. A typical behavioral interview. I was asked several questions about my past experience and specific situations I’ve dealt with in my retail management career. He also talked about the company and some basics of the position itself. We finish the interview and he tells me that the DM is not available for the 2nd interview he promised me the previous day, but he will will call me in the next day or two to set it up. I then gave him my availability for the next week or so, and we concluded things there.

Well a week goes by and he calls me back (didn’t he say he’d contact me in a day or two?) to set up this 2nd interview. He apparently completely ignored the availability I gave him at the 1st interview cause he wanted to schedule it on a day and time I wasn’t available. So anyway, we settle on a day. Then the day comes and I receive a call about an hour before the interview by the same manager telling me he has to cancel the interview and wants to reschedule! At this point, I was DONE, but I said ok, and we settled on a new day. Now at this point he is giving me the impression that I pretty much have this job and the 2nd interview was merely a formality. He is asking me about my availability to complete the steps I will need to go through after the 2nd interview is done. One of which apparently includes driving FOUR HOURS OUT OF STATE to do God knows what the day after the interview! What?! At this point I’m struggling to hold back laughter. So I decide to cut ties with this ridiculousness and send an email to the store manager I had been dealing with all along where I told him I had received an offer from another company and would not be continuing with the process. I also very graciously thanked him for the time and interest. I received no response back, which much like the entire process, I found to be very unprofessional. And I do know the email had been received because at times we had been communicating through email throughout the process. So in closing, I found this whole process representative of the company who’s reputation and overall success in the industry is shaky at best. If your options are limited, perhaps HHGregg is a workplace worth considering. Otherwise, BEWARE.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time where you were challenged ethically."   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I initially went inside the store and spoke to the manager about applying for a position; he referred me to the company website and asked me to call him after I completed the application.
    I completed the application and the 100+ questionnaire and called the manager, he told me he would review the application and get back to me the same day. Two weeks later he called me to schedule an interview.
    I came in for the interview, and we sat in the furniture area of the sales floor. It was very relaxed; all the questions asked were in an easy format to respond to and were majorly get-to-know-you questions. A few weeks later I was then drug screened for the position and never heard from HH Gregg again. The results were negative for anything and I have not received any notification as to why or if I was declined for the position.

Throughout this process it was impossible to get in contact with a manager at the store and felt that It was not worth my time to continue waiting for any kind of response.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if the phone is constantly ringing while you are checking out a customer with no other associates available to answer the call.   1 Answer