hhgregg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.0

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

quick and easy, easy questions, personable. Simple job with simple assignments in a simply enviroment. simple.simple. Easiest interview ever, great managers also, miss it. im just trying to get 30 words. this is dragging. all this to see a review

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Everyone was in a group and were asked questions. It was alright. nothing too exciting. The employer had great hygiene even though he was half awake. He looked like he just wanted someone to make his day.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Interviewed with several general managers and regional manager about positions and was asked a wide array of questions about operations protocol, negotiations, situational leadership, integrity, etc. Was a very comfortable process which took approximately an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How to diffuse an angry customer   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Kokomo, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I walked in the store and went to the desk, told them I had a interview. She let the guy know & he had me wait a few minutes. He then walked up to me & asked what my name was. We sat at a table & he asked if I have ever sold anything. He than began to talk about how it's a commission only based job. Asked if I felt comfortable with that & said that I will be training for 2 weeks. That's paid hourly. The second week you'll be on the floor following one of the workers seeing how they talk to customers. He was very nice & asked if I had anymore questions. He asked if I wanted the job on the spot. He then said he had to let the GM know how the interview went.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation because it's a commission based job.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview wasnt too extensive. I was comming from a position within the company already and was qualified to be in position. Easy interview. that may be the problem they promote anyone and management above that wasnt to great. its the reason the company failed.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and less than what I had intended it to be. There were basic questions that were pretty easy to understand. I was offered the job the same day I had the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you had an upset customer?   Answer Question

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Highland, IN).

Interview

Was fairly easy. Met with general manager and he explained the draw system (100% commission based pay) and asked me a couple questions about myself. Took about a week for my call back and I accepted.

Part-time Summer Job Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Very casual interview process. First interview took place with floor manager, lasted about 15 minutes. Basic get to know you questions were asked. Second interview with GM, who asked questions based off of resume. No difficult questions, all behavioral based, no technical.

MIT- Manager IN TRAINING Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg in September 2016.

Interview

Applied and received a call the following day. Phone interview was very informative. I was told to go online and take the assessment test and complete the online profile. I did so and several days later still no word...

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (York, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to schedule an interview a few days later. When I went in for the interview, it was a bait and switch. There was no manager position available but the gentleman who interviewed me said he would bring me on board as a sales person and if I did well, I could be considered for management down the road.

He proceeded to tell me about his top performer and how she works 60 hours a week to get there and asked which department I thought I might want to work in. He only asked me 1 question, the rest of the time, he talked about the company, how they were currently short staffed, why he thought it was a great company.