hhgregg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.0

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg (Woodbury, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I spoke with Dave at the time when he was assistant manager of the store. He was really nice and professional. Dave asked me a lot of sales questions to test my sales experience and also some personal question to get to know me as a man. I felt the process went really well and after a week went by my background check went through and i was hired!

Interview Questions

• Do you let your emotions affect your work ethic?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellenwood, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Ellenwood, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. When I walked into the building, they had just settles in. The RM at the time took my resume and told me to come back for an interview. I interview with the GM who had eyes for me and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Am I married, do I have kids... more of a personal interview.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg (Sarasota, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Very detailed and still down to earth. Asked and answered a lot of questions. Very knowledgeable interviewer. Submitted to a background check and then drug screen. Then they offered me the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg (South Florida, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

they sat me in an empty room in the dark and whispered in my ear a bunch of weird things. It smelled like hot dog water and cheese in there, but I really needed the job so I stuck around. If only they told me they were going out of business !!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Company called on the phone and interview was scheduled according to my terms. I have to take a drug test and background check. I was scheduled for the interview at the store

Interview Questions

• That job was commission only   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg (Hoover, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

Best place I ever worked in my life. Interview process was a breeze and I only wish company was still in business. I think finding out I along with 7,000+ people were losing our jobs was a very sad day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg (Naples, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Good the manager really new what he was doing he was very smart and could tell I knew my stuff I wish him well in the future. I felt it was anot efficient interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview wasnt too extensive. I was comming from a position within the company already and was qualified to be in position. Easy interview. that may be the problem they promote anyone and management above that wasnt to great. its the reason the company failed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg in June 2016.

Interview

My original first store manager actually recruited me from my other job, noticing that I was a good worker but needed somewhere to actually do some good. He asked me to come into the store and watch how the process went for a typical day and I liked the fast pace environment so I completed the online application and the store manager scheduled my official interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a serious customer issue? A customer that come in yelling and screaming?   1 Answer

MIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Very standard process. Normal Interview Questions. More of a one on one get to know you type of Interview. Decide whether or not you can handle this type of job. As long as you have some previous experience you should be fine. Try not to over inflate yourself as the conductor of the interview has most likely been doing this a long time and will see thru it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   1 Answer