hhgregg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.0

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg (Woodbury, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I spoke with Dave at the time when he was assistant manager of the store. He was really nice and professional. Dave asked me a lot of sales questions to test my sales experience and also some personal question to get to know me as a man. I felt the process went really well and after a week went by my background check went through and i was hired!

Interview Questions

• Do you let your emotions affect your work ethic?   1 Answer

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Mays Landing, NJ).

Interview

Quick and effective. Gave company history and goals. Explained pay rate and hours. Gave detailed list of job responsibilities. Manager was kind and able to answer all my questions on the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I would make a good addition to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg (Naples, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Good the manager really new what he was doing he was very smart and could tell I knew my stuff I wish him well in the future. I felt it was anot efficient interview.

Hhgregg General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Harvey, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Ask about my experience in the management but mostly concerted on my sales experience. He told me that I was a great candidate for the manager position but he prefers to start me as a salesperson for five to six months but no guarantees. I felt this is a con they use to get people to apply for jobs.   1 Answer
    • Tried very hard to convince me to take the sales position   1 Answer

I've been in management for over 10 years

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Sat with the operations lead and the general manager and spoke of the job requirements and expectations. Then we discussed my previous work history and why I chose to apply at hhgregg.

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a really fun experience mostly about the job duties and the company. Your average interview question nothing at all difficult. After took a tour of the building and got offered the job right after. Managers seem fun and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest thing you had to over come working at you last job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Greensboro, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview was very fun. they made me pitch them about a product that i felt comfutable with selling so i choose a tv. afterwards i took my drug test and got the call back within two days.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold anything   1 Answer

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The manager kept me waiting for about thirty minutes, then gave me a brief tour of the store and explained the way things were supposed to work. He proceeded to DRAMATICALLY lie about the amount of money myself and the other two individuals I was hired with would make. He talked about making two grand a week, and said we'd all be driving new cars within the first months of making commission.

I was the highest performing electronics salesman at the store for months and barely made enough money to pay bills.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get from hhgregg?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was asked to switch from Customer Service Associate to Sales Associate. I agreed, as I have several years of experience in both fields.
    Questions were very basic. Never was I asked to "sell" the manager or asst manager a thing. This is a first. There were no detailed questions about my past work, only very general questions. Due to the nature of these very informal interviews, I should have had the whereabouts to realize this was not a true, full-time position being offered.
    If you should interview with this HHGregg, please be wary and demand all promises be handed to you in writing, signed by management.

Interview Questions

• "Have you sold before?" "How did you like living in New Zealand". As well as other nonsensical questions not pertinent to the job. The nearest any question came to being relevant was "Have you sold before?"   1 Answer

Interview

the interview was fairly simple just basic questions asked. work experience and background check. job offer immediately no drug testing, the manager interviews you but don't feel pressured because it is in a relaxed environment. have references and past employers for added salary