hhgregg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.0

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

Pretty simple...situational questions. Consisted of 2 on site interviews and 2 phone interviews. The interview questions were geared more towards how I would fit within the organization. The interviewer did a great job explaining what would be expected of the training and measurable timeframes to expect completion of training.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would motivate employees   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Clarksville, TN).

Interview

tells you about the job, about the commission tiers, about the draw system, then asks about four questions and writes down the answers, had to wait for a background check to go through

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation on pay, commission amounts set in stone

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg in October 2015.

Interview

he asked me 4 basic questions about my past emplyment. told me about the commision against draw sallery offer me a job. accepted now just have to wait a week for background check to clearand i will star working,

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Trussville, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and maybe a week in a half they called me for 2 interviews. one with a sales manager and one with a general manager. the interview process was quick and easy took less than 10mins interview. basically, he wanted to see if I had a good personality since it was a sales job.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson City, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Dickson City, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked for the manager (s).I was kindly told to take a look around, aka wait. I did just that. I was finally brought over to a couch to speak with 2 managers. One was very professional looking sounding. The other was more laid back, intelligent, techy, which is cool.

Interview Questions

• Something like... Are you aware this is 100% commission based salary?   1 Answer

Home Theater Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Very easy, nothing to it really. just show up and get offered a job. Are you breathing? check. Can you read? Check. Can you write? check. Do you have vision? check. Can you lift 10 lbs? check. Your in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I went in and he told me the job description and when was I available to start. I didn't even get interviewed it was like I was already hired once I submitted the application

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg (Melbourne, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out application on line and took aptitude test met with store manager and was offered a job. It was an easy process and enjoyable. Dont be afraid of the process.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked commissions before.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, and withing a week i was called in for an interview by the store manager. We scheduled an appointment for Friday that same week for 2 pm. Day of the interview i arrived 15 min early, as i walked toward the front door i noticed one of the employees helping a customer load a flat screen in their car. Once inside i was able to locate the manger, i introduced myself and he took me to his office to get the interview underway.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior sales experience?
      A customer comes in and is shopping for a present for her 12 yrs old granddaughter how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Went in for interview on a Wednesday and started work literally two Wednesday's later. Interview was laid back, with the General Manager just the two of us sitting and talking on a sofa on the sales floor. Extremely easy interview. Got offered and took the position. Background check was clear. Didn't ask for a drug test, which maybe they should since some people come to work intoxicated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer