hhgregg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hhgregg Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The entire process took 3 weeks. I applied online and got a call for an interview after two weeks.
    I had an 1:1 interview with the GM and talk mostly about my past experiences. The GM described me the general responsibilities of a warehouse associate. Then after another week I was asked to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your past job experiences.
      Are you willing to work on weekends?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

The interview process was very basic questions: why should we hire you, why do you feel you are best for the job, what are you salary requirements. It is a one day 25 minute process which anyone who interviews basically will get hired. Basically all star questions and will even throw in a question like whats your favorite tv show?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Incompetent interviewer, he Googled the questions and didn't understand the questions himself. He asked questions about AngularJS and NodeJS, the company doesn't use these technologies. If you're going to ask a candidate technology questions, make sure you know what the heck you're talking about. The interviewer is supposed to be a web developer but he doesn't even know about the technologies that HHGregg uses. Incredibly lazy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Node.js question from an interviewer that has never worked with node.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered $5K less than what I asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at hhgregg in February 2015.

Interview

easy couple of questions quick convo,asked about myself,told about the company how it was founded commision explained,talked about differnt appliances walked around store.met the employees started some on boarding ioi

Interview Questions

• how u made unhappy custoer happy easy couple of questions quick convo,asked about myself,told about the company how it was founded commision explained,talked about differnt appliances walked around store.met the employees started some on boarding   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

As long as you were willing to accept commission you were hired. Company is so cheap they no longer drug test. Turn around so high they apparently don't care if you are.

Interview Questions

• Typically questions of how would you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Highland, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

I was initially called for a phone interview. It was short and basic. I was then given a day to come in for a interview. We interviewed in the furniture department and it was a basic interview asking about my work background. Was very friendly. Don't be afraid to ask for a higher wage.

Interview Questions

• "We pay 7.85-9 stating off. Most people start off at 8. How much would you want to be started off at?"   1 Answer

CSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at hhgregg (Gainesville, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it took a while so I didn't remember I had even applied. I was called, interviewed, and told that I would get a call if he chose me. I had an idea I did get it because he spoke as if I was already hired the whole time. He stated he'll make a call that "Thursday" and it turned out to be a week later but still on a "Thursday".

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you gave outstanding customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiating being that I was PT and didn't have much experience but you can always transfer to another location for a chance to be promoted or better pay

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg.

Interview

I called the store to see if they where hiring, the manger said yes they where . she took my name and number and asked if I could fill out an online application and the general manager would look at it later that day. I got a call in the evening to set up an interview the next day. I arrived to hhgregg 20 minutes early. I met with a manager and we sat on the couch's right in front of the store. I was asked about my holiday schedule and that was about it. The manager said he would call me later that day with an offer . he never did. So I called and the manager said that they didn't have an opening for me but would call me when they did.

Digital Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with the Marketing Manager and Assistant Marketing manager for about a half an hour each. They were mostly concerned with past experience and feeling me out to see if I would be a good fit in the office. I was then called back a couple days later to meet with the SVP of Ecomm and Marketing who gave me a more intense interview about my background.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you enjoy?   1 Answer

CSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Gurnee, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and comfortable. We actually sat in the furniture section of the store in a sectional and conducted the interview. All the questions were ," name a time when..." The hiring process was quick, I did the app, got called within 4 day's, did the interview, took the drug test and received my offer letter 3 days after drug test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work as a team and what was the outcome ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really no room to negotiate just a offer letter with the pay on it