hhgregg Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

1.9

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Kokomo, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I walked in the store and went to the desk, told them I had a interview. She let the guy know & he had me wait a few minutes. He then walked up to me & asked what my name was. We sat at a table & he asked if I have ever sold anything. He than began to talk about how it's a commission only based job. Asked if I felt comfortable with that & said that I will be training for 2 weeks. That's paid hourly. The second week you'll be on the floor following one of the workers seeing how they talk to customers. He was very nice & asked if I had anymore questions. He asked if I wanted the job on the spot. He then said he had to let the GM know how the interview went.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation because it's a commission based job.

Other Interview Reviews for hhgregg

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Hickory, NC).

Interview

Very easy interview talked about employee benifits and draw what to be expected Out of each employee. They told me about the two weeks of training as well as the ups and downs of the company. He also told me about black out dates uniform policy and tartiness.

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg (Naples, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Good the manager really new what he was doing he was very smart and could tell I knew my stuff I wish him well in the future. I felt it was anot efficient interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a really fun experience mostly about the job duties and the company. Your average interview question nothing at all difficult. After took a tour of the building and got offered the job right after. Managers seem fun and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest thing you had to over come working at you last job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Greensboro, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview was very fun. they made me pitch them about a product that i felt comfutable with selling so i choose a tv. afterwards i took my drug test and got the call back within two days.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold anything   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Got interviewed by the general manager and a department manager in succession.Their objectives was to make sure that you are making the right decision and be the right fit.Emphases are made on the commission scale of 100% and the potential to make money.No reference of long hours and tedious non rewarding responsibilities.

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at hhgregg (Clarksville, TN).

Interview

tells you about the job, about the commission tiers, about the draw system, then asks about four questions and writes down the answers, had to wait for a background check to go through

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation on pay, commission amounts set in stone

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at hhgregg in August 2015.

Interview

Very brief and little to no misunderstanding. I was in the building for about 15 mins max. I was given an opportunity to train 3 days later after a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in application online on a Tuesday, got a call that Thursday from sales manager to come in for an interview. Scheduled it for that Friday at 2pm got there around 1:50 and one of the associates there asked me if he could help me, I told him I was there for an interview and he showed me around a bit while I waited for the manager to finish with the another applicant. That associate then went and talked to the manager before interviewing me and I'm not sure what was said but, I know the associate said to me that he would rather see me hired than the person that was already being interviewed and I guess he made that known to the manager. As soon as the manager came over to me he shook my hand and then said I guess we can start at sort of the end of the interview here, he showed me what I would be doing and what my responsibilities would be told me how sales work then we went to his desk, he asked me two questions maybe three. Then he just went into the detail of how pay worked and asked if I would be interested in coming in for a second interview. I said yes and we scheduled my second interview for this Monday coming up. He then mention how he liked me and said how well I kept eye contact and was involved in the interview compared to other applicants. I said thank you shook his hand and then left. Overall so far, I would rate this a great experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work here/ how would you be successful here?
      2. Do you have any sales experience?
      3. What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hhgregg (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview to me I thought it went great it wasn't long as I made it they let me take my application test there but I ended up taking too..

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer