hibu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.5

Digital Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at hibu (Louisville, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with Manager at a local hotel. This was coordinated through an employment agency. The Manager was wearing jeans and had a long beard. In my opinion he was not very professional or prepared. Was unable to answer multiple questions. Advice to him: Shave the beard and wear professional attire to the interview.

Digital Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at hibu (Iowa City, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted me for this position. Interviewed me on phone and felt I was a great match. Killed the grammar test and proofreading but couldn’t interview because the customer-service simulation test was screwy. Subjective, outdated, irrelevant-to-the-job content, and confusingly boring. I dodged a bullet failing! My customer service skills are top-notch, so there is something wrong about the process. Regardless, their product stinks but I wasn’t applying for sales. HR trainee lady said I was great for the job but, the test makes the final decision. They totally wasted three hours of my time. I pity the people who work there and I won’t use them to manage my website because you can figure it out or hire better.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

They paired me with a current employee and I listened to them on the phone for about 20-30 minutes. Then got interviewed by two people, both were very casual, one was wearing jeans and a tank top. I was wearing a pant suit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to be really, really aggressive to get what you wanted.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview after completing a 30 minute phone interview with with an HR recruiter. When I arrived I was taken into the inside sales department to do a side by side with a digital marketing specialist. That lasted for about an hour, and I was then taken to the department president where I had a sit down face to face interview with the department head, and a digital marketing manager. The entire interview including the side by side lasted for about 2 hours. I was told at the end of the interview that I would get some feedback within a week. I received a phone call later the same day as the interview and was offered the position which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my inside sales experience, and if I had any recent digital marketing experience.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at hibu (Tyler, TX).

Interview

The process involved contact by a third-party agent who asked several basic sales and marketing questions, after which a phone interview was scheduled. Eventually, after a lot of back-and-fourth between the agent and the company, a meeting is scheduled with a Director, which plays out like your typical sales position interview. After that, a ride-along is scheduled with an established rep, on which you're evaluated on your interaction with customers, sales processes and work ethic. After this (and a positive review), an offer is usually made.

This is where it goes sideways.

It turns out, the 3 month process by which I jumped through every hoop placed in front of me was a monumental waste of time. The Director with whom I had interviewed decided to hire a prior employee (coincidentally, a former Director, himself) without notifying HR or me. I received a text message (seriously), telling me that they were going with another candidate because he "had a little more SEO experience". What's not surprising is that the same position is available again.

If you're considering this company, go in with your eyes open and your guard up, and if you're already working, don't count on a promise of an offer before you quit your present position.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hibu (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2017.

Interview

very short hiring process and misleading job description. what you are told in the interviews doesn't match with what you will be doing, even though they give you a half hour to shadow during your interview, the shadow consists of nothing but outbound answering machines or the representatives getting yelled at.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay?   1 Answer

Billing Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Starts off with an hour long test, the first part is a 3 minute typing test on the computer and then you’ll take two paper exams both are very straight forward.

You’ll be interviewed by two people separately and asked simple questions. Nothing out of the normal. Although this is a billing expediter, you’ll be focused constantly on the phones.

Digital Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 1 day. People were nice and it was pretty easy. They offered me the job the same day since they were desperate for people cause everyone quits.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at hibu.

Interview

really easy just talk, if you dress really well they will hire you no matter what, research the company, say you want to make a lot of money, control the conversation talk about what you want to do for this company ask about goals

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at hibu (Waco, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter early September and after working with him wanted to see what this role with this company would be like. I had an interview set with the manager roughly a month later unfortunately as it took some time to communicate I assume. The meeting went great, I was invited to do the ride along. I went on field with their rep and I felt it was a great opportunity. After working with the recruiter and the hiring manager it was decided for me to move to the next step which would be the hiring managers boss. The recruiter informed me that they wouldn't take this much time or effort if they didn't believe they would not make an offer. That reassured me to a degree as it had been almost two months since the original conversation. Yesterday however, I received a call that the bosses boss and his boss decided that they were not sure if they would be adding another position in this territory. I was flabbergasted as it has been weeks since I had been working with them and then at the end of the process told they weren't sure if I was needed. Highly disappointed and feel that decision should have been made two months prior to their recruiter contacting me and having me drive around to meet them not once but twice. I feel they need to rethink their organization process and ensure no miscommunication occurs. A potential candidate does not need to be strung along for two months and then dropped because they aren't sure they need someone. Terrible.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about work history but other than that the interviews were always laid back and comfortable.   Answer Question