hibu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.5

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

They paired me with a current employee and I listened to them on the phone for about 20-30 minutes. Then got interviewed by two people, both were very casual, one was wearing jeans and a tank top. I was wearing a pant suit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to be really, really aggressive to get what you wanted.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview after completing a 30 minute phone interview with with an HR recruiter. When I arrived I was taken into the inside sales department to do a side by side with a digital marketing specialist. That lasted for about an hour, and I was then taken to the department president where I had a sit down face to face interview with the department head, and a digital marketing manager. The entire interview including the side by side lasted for about 2 hours. I was told at the end of the interview that I would get some feedback within a week. I received a phone call later the same day as the interview and was offered the position which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my inside sales experience, and if I had any recent digital marketing experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at hibu (Tyler, TX).

Interview

The process involved contact by a third-party agent who asked several basic sales and marketing questions, after which a phone interview was scheduled. Eventually, after a lot of back-and-fourth between the agent and the company, a meeting is scheduled with a Director, which plays out like your typical sales position interview. After that, a ride-along is scheduled with an established rep, on which you're evaluated on your interaction with customers, sales processes and work ethic. After this (and a positive review), an offer is usually made.

This is where it goes sideways.

It turns out, the 3 month process by which I jumped through every hoop placed in front of me was a monumental waste of time. The Director with whom I had interviewed decided to hire a prior employee (coincidentally, a former Director, himself) without notifying HR or me. I received a text message (seriously), telling me that they were going with another candidate because he "had a little more SEO experience". What's not surprising is that the same position is available again.

If you're considering this company, go in with your eyes open and your guard up, and if you're already working, don't count on a promise of an offer before you quit your present position.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at hibu (Cedar Rapids, IA) in January 2017.

Interview

very short hiring process and misleading job description. what you are told in the interviews doesn't match with what you will be doing, even though they give you a half hour to shadow during your interview, the shadow consists of nothing but outbound answering machines or the representatives getting yelled at.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at hibu.

Interview

really easy just talk, if you dress really well they will hire you no matter what, research the company, say you want to make a lot of money, control the conversation talk about what you want to do for this company ask about goals

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

At least three interviews and written test. VP rescheduled interview twice claiming to be"sick", which is extremely unlikely for a department head.
    Don't expect to meet her , she is disrespectful in her dealings toward candidates.

Their lackadaisical attitude couldn't be more transparent which is the reason they can not retain employees for an extended amount of time.

Their low rating also indicates the lazy corporate culture ( jeans, and flip flops in the workplace)

Very poor judgement in terms of employment selection.

Interview Questions

• What are your reservations toward this position.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at hibu (Waco, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter early September and after working with him wanted to see what this role with this company would be like. I had an interview set with the manager roughly a month later unfortunately as it took some time to communicate I assume. The meeting went great, I was invited to do the ride along. I went on field with their rep and I felt it was a great opportunity. After working with the recruiter and the hiring manager it was decided for me to move to the next step which would be the hiring managers boss. The recruiter informed me that they wouldn't take this much time or effort if they didn't believe they would not make an offer. That reassured me to a degree as it had been almost two months since the original conversation. Yesterday however, I received a call that the bosses boss and his boss decided that they were not sure if they would be adding another position in this territory. I was flabbergasted as it has been weeks since I had been working with them and then at the end of the process told they weren't sure if I was needed. Highly disappointed and feel that decision should have been made two months prior to their recruiter contacting me and having me drive around to meet them not once but twice. I feel they need to rethink their organization process and ensure no miscommunication occurs. A potential candidate does not need to be strung along for two months and then dropped because they aren't sure they need someone. Terrible.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about work history but other than that the interviews were always laid back and comfortable.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at hibu.

Interview

There were multiple interviews. Two phone interviews and then I Had to travel for a couple of them. It's a very lengthy process. Makes you feel like it's a good decision. But after you get the job it's completely unorganized. You are given 3 months to grow A territory from nothing. All cold calls. And most companies do not like Hibu because they continue to have new reps 2 times a year, no consistency, makes the customers uneasy. They want someone to be there for them and create relationships. Hibu is like a car dealership. They want you to sell quick and move on. Then they hand over the account to phone sales. Doesn't make businesses feel
    Very important

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals, even though they don't give you a chance to meet those goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at hibu (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiting agency. Interview with recruiter - standard behavioral questions. Met with area sales manager at a Starbucks - they REALLY like if you have worked for enterprise-rent-a-car.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What gets you out of bed?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at hibu.

Interview

Applied for the job after forwarding resume to Manager. One interview with regional manager. Was asked sales questions, life questions. Was offered job 1 month later. Training started 2 weeks after that.