hibu Account Representative/Media Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

hibu Account Representative/Media Consultant Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

There was an unorganized interview process. They couldn not decide which manager would do the interview and follow up. After the interview I was given a cell phone number of another manger to reach out to to schedule a second meeting.

Interview Questions

• They wanted top know if there was any business I could bring with me to the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for hibu

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at hibu (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewing process was pretty straight forward.Phone interview is the initial step. After being selected, it took several weeks to finally meet in person because of scheduling. Once schedules lined up, I met with my immediate manager first for about a hour, then met with her Manager the same day. Offer was almost instantaneous after the meeting.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at hibu (Louisville, KY) in February 2013.

Interview

First: basic phone interview be ready to talk about your sales experience. Then meet with a regional manager and have experiences and accomplishments to talk about. Prove you can cold call because that's 100% of the job. Overall not a stressful if your experience speaks for itself.

Interview Questions

• I'm concerned that from your past experience I may see a concern for you and your ability to heavily hunt and knock on door to door. explain to me your process and why you obtain the ability to cold call heavily without frustration getting in the way of your next call.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation salary is what it is take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hibu (Topeka, KS) in December 2012.

Interview

3 part interview, nice interview about the job what they could offer you and how great the job is, then rough interview, a guy pretty much tears you apart to see how well you can perfom under pressure and in tense environment, then a ride along to see if you are a good match

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at hibu (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Went through phone interview. Met with District Sales Manager (two of them). Came back the next day for a ride day with a rep when we returned I immediately was interviewed by the Canvass Manager and offered a position right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary. With the benefits and commission structure, it was much better than what I had been previously doing.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at hibu (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Was contacted via recruiter on the phone and spoke briefly on 2 separate occasions. She new I was a top performing outside sales executive already so she sent me once again up the corp ladder...

Next a phone interview was scheduled by someone on the other side of the US in a cubical. I was working in the field that day... My answers were probably not as snappy and sharp as if I was not thinking of closing deal strategy in an hour from then.... Many weeks passed, months and no call back. I received an email after I reached out "Sorry to inform the position was already filled by more qualified" yadda yadda...

Two months later another recruiter called to have me meet our local regional director if I was interested? I explained I had been declined... She explained they recruit 365days a year on the phone but a REAL office in my REAL city wanted to meet me, so I said Okay.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current industry to work for YellowBook advertising?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was nothing to negotiate. In 2008 They were a forbes fortune 500. So after personally interviewing hundreds of other local outside sales, I was the first chosen in over 5 years to join the team. Everything I was offered I was very happy to accept no questions asked, best benefits, personal allowances, great boss, flexible schedule, BUT expected to PERFORM.

Account Representative/Media Consultant Interview

Interview

2-3 Interviews before hire. The first interview is there to see if you could be a good fit with advertising sales and have an energetic personality. The second interview is most likely with a Sales Manager and expect to be there for about 2 hours. They will have you fill out forms on a computer and then you will sit and listen in on sales calls with another Media Consultant. This will give you a great idea, if you think you can and want to do the job. Pay attention to details during the sales call and next you'll meet with the Manager. They'll ask you a series of questions to see if you'd really be good and like to be there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be better at this position than somebody else?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for the job by asking, "When can I start?"

Account Representative/Media Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at hibu in September 2011.

Interview

5 stages
    recruiter
    Sales manager
    Assistant sales manager
    Assistant sales manager
    Ride day

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

nope very little negotiation