hibu Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at hibu.

Interview

really easy just talk, if you dress really well they will hire you no matter what, research the company, say you want to make a lot of money, control the conversation talk about what you want to do for this company ask about goals

Other Interview Reviews for hibu

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at hibu (Waco, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter early September and after working with him wanted to see what this role with this company would be like. I had an interview set with the manager roughly a month later unfortunately as it took some time to communicate I assume. The meeting went great, I was invited to do the ride along. I went on field with their rep and I felt it was a great opportunity. After working with the recruiter and the hiring manager it was decided for me to move to the next step which would be the hiring managers boss. The recruiter informed me that they wouldn't take this much time or effort if they didn't believe they would not make an offer. That reassured me to a degree as it had been almost two months since the original conversation. Yesterday however, I received a call that the bosses boss and his boss decided that they were not sure if they would be adding another position in this territory. I was flabbergasted as it has been weeks since I had been working with them and then at the end of the process told they weren't sure if I was needed. Highly disappointed and feel that decision should have been made two months prior to their recruiter contacting me and having me drive around to meet them not once but twice. I feel they need to rethink their organization process and ensure no miscommunication occurs. A potential candidate does not need to be strung along for two months and then dropped because they aren't sure they need someone. Terrible.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about work history but other than that the interviews were always laid back and comfortable.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at hibu.

Interview

you sit in with a rep for about an hour. they take you through a typical day, making calls, getting hung up on, every now and then have a good call to experience, which is nice. The person I sat in with was super cool. next you are taken into a room and asked if you want to do the job. from there, you are asked various questions that you would hear in any sales interview. It's tough. but again, you can make huge money in this job.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to work here?
      What does a successful sales rep find important?   2 Answers

Negotiation

none.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Hibu does a three (and four) part interview. First by phone, then with local manager. You then meet with Regional Manager and have a ride day in the field

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at hibu (Edison, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Process went smooth, was asked to come in for an interview. They were very flexible on the time of the interview. Interviewer told me what I did right during the interview and what I did wrong. Nice touch. You have to remember to sell yourself if you are going to sell a product. One thing I did wrong was not ask for the job! Ask For The Job!!!!! Be Proactive about it.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to sit on the computer at home, while your family is around you, and do work for the entire night?   Answer Question

Didn't want to sit on the computer all night. Training would have put me away from my newborn for 3 weeks.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at hibu.

Interview

Interview process is the same for any company. You must do a ride along to see what haoppens

Negotiation

They told me base pay and commission and benefits

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at hibu in June 2013.

Interview

Good interview process, the managers were thorough and asked relevant, pointed questions about experience, time to next step was quick but in hindsight that is due to high turnover, they are always in need of interviewing new candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer a fairly low salary and tell you the potential commission and bonus and you can take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at hibu (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

phone screen, face to face, ride-along with a seasoned rep whom I ended up closing the sale for him. An average sales type interview. The recruiter set up what to expect, and walked me thru some of their concerns and questions; fairly standard stuff!

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at hibu (Idaho Falls, ID).

Interview

I was contacted by Yellowbook after putting my resume on line. I had an initial phone interview which was basic and went well they just wanted to go over my resume and set up an interview with a local office manager. The First interview went well not a lot of hard questions were asked they just wanted to take a closer look into my background and past work experience. They did ask questions about how I would handle certain situations with customers and employees/management. The second interview was with a regional manager. It also went well and was a lot more laid back than I expected. I think they were trying to see if I could sell myself and if I had the desire and ability to be successful.

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked were straight forward and questions I expected but if I had to pick one that was the hardest I would say it was this one. Why should we hire you and what sets you apart from others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at hibu (Birmingham, AL) in February 2012.

Interview

Basically they asked about who I was and went over my job history. They did not take time for any in depth questions. The second woman I interviewed with, even though I had given the first man my resume the day before did not have my resume or any clue about my job history. I have never felt uncomfortable in an interview but she managed to do that.