High School Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

High School Teacher Interview Questions

High school teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. What would you do if a student was disruptive during a lesson? 2. How would you adjust curriculum to be inclusive of students with special needs? 3. What kind of warm-up exercises would you assign at the beginning of each class?

1 Answer

1. I said I would write the disruptive student's name on the board, with one check next to the name. I would remind the student that if he/she gets two more checks, I will send him/her to the Principal's Office. If the student then called me a name or was even more disruptive, I would send him/her to the office immediately, and follow up with a written description of the event. 2. One way to be inclusive is to assign group projects that require 4 or 5 kinds of information -- written, graphic, computer-generated, and a presentation before the class. This naturally provides avenues of achievement for kids who have different talents and limits -- for example, kids with ADD do better with hands-on projects and computer research. Traditional learning style kids enjoy writing assignments and giving speeches or talks before the class. 3. Studies show giving small warm-ups to kids as they come in helps them to settle in and listen. I like to have a few questions on the board, to be copied and answered during class. then they turn these in at end of class. This piques their curiosity about the day's lesson, guides their focus in class to get the answers, and gives me an easily achieved extra grade to boost scores.

Also how do you communicate with parents and students but still make it so the student is independent and growing?

1 Answer

How would you handle classroom management?

1 Answer

None, questions seemed pretty standard. I was asked to walk them through my lesson planning process from beginning to end. That was a new question.

1 Answer

How do you plan to manage your time so that you aren't continually swamped with grading?

1 Answer

Mainly general questions about teaching philosophy.

1 Answer

How do I get qualified to be hired?

1 Answer

How would I handle a situation with an "at risk child" and unreceptive parents?

1 Answer

We taught a lesson they asked us about culture and it was easy to answer if you live in the city .

1 Answer

How would I deal with challenging students?

110 of 157 Interview Questions