Home Furniture & Housewares Stores interview questions | Glassdoor

IKEA Interviews

www.ikea.com /  HQ: Wembley, NL

455 Interviews

2.4 Easy

Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What strategy would you implement to recruit the best candidates to work for S&N?

2 Answers

Thank you for your positive feedback about the company and our interview process. While I know our interview process has some rigor, this approach ensures that our candidates are a good fit for the role as well as the culture. As you mentioned, the CEO cares deeply about the company and the team members. It is important that we do everything we can to ensure the candidate has a successful future and career with Smith & Noble.

One strategy for recruiting strong candidates is to leverage the current employees' networks. If you already hired a competent employee, it's likely he or she knows other competent people, which saves time during candidate searches. Therefore, set up an employee referral system that rewards employees for recommending good candidates.

I didn't find any question particularly difficult or unexpected. If forced to chose one it was when she asked how I would react to C-level executive/s shooting down a concept I developed for a seasonal campaign.

1 Answer

50,000 shoppers with a 0.5% conversion rate for a chair that costs $250. Wayfair makes a 27% profit. Next, 50,000 shoppers will get a 10% discount. What is the conversion rate they must achieve to achieve the same profits as before?

10 Answers

If you could sell a lot of a small profit or few of a large profit, which would you prefer?

1 Answer

Do you prefer business or product style writing?

1 Answer

The manager of the store asked me if I liked to drink, what, and how much. Also asked me if I had a boyfriend.

4 Answers

Once you have built rapport with the customer and have shown them a selection they seem to like, what comes next?

3 Answers

Previous warehouse experience.

What is your goal

2 Answers

If you are given unlimited amount of money, how would you invest it?

3 Answers