Underwriter Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Underwriter Interview Questions in Houston, TX

"Insurance companies depend on underwriters to review insurance applications and determine whether they qualify for acceptance. Employers are looking to hire candidates with strong analytical and organizational skills and experience with computer software. In an interview context, expect to answer technical questions such as evaluating risk as well as behavioral questions that will assess your ability to work on a team and resolve difficult problems. To test your quantitative skills, an interviewer may through in a brain teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Name an instance where you had a conflict with a coworker and how you responded?

What is your perspective on ownership versus accountability?

Technical: Walk me through the statement of cash flows

1 Answer

Technical: If you bought a piece of equipment how will that affect the income statement?

1 Answer

What financial statement would you use to evaluate the company's overall health ? and Why?

1 Answer

Behavioral: Tell me about a time where you were faced with a difficult decision what did you do and what was the outcome? (paraphrasing)

Fit: Tell me about a time where you had to work in a team and there was a challenge. what did you do and what was the outcome? (paraphrasing)

Specific questions about the underwriting profession

Describe your background and types of accounts you worked on.

Tell me about a time when you were disappointed about an outcome and what did you learn from it. How do you sell a product to a customer?