Hr generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hr generalist Interview Questions

"As a human resources generalist, it's your job to help your company run smoothly by managing HR issues related to employment, compensation, and employee relations. In an interview, you can expect to answer questions about your interpersonal and organizational skills as well as your experience executing clerical tasks. You may be asked a few scenario questions that will test your ability to handle different kinds of employee questions."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How did you design a performance management system? And was it successful? Why or why not?

2125 Answers

"One size, does not fit all" I designed a performance management system where the business/strategic goals were aligned with the HR Department's goals as to measure the success of each employee and help improve the process and procedures. It was successful because the turn-over rate decreased, productivity increased, and sales were booming!

Sorry, I didn't mean to vote this comment down; It was a mistake and can only vote once. Thanks

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Explain reasonable accommodation in regards to the ADA.

617 Answers

How experienced are you in Excel?

39 Answers

I'm going to give you a scenario just to see how you think. If you had an employee approach you after not being promoted, although they said they were promised the promotion, what would you do?

66 Answers

What was your biggest achievement? Tell me a time where you made a mistake and how did you fix it? How do you decide which task is more important to take first?

43 Answers

Can you process payroll?

24 Answers

Tell me about a time when you were faced with politics in the office that threatened to derail a project.

69 Answers

Describe how you handled a difficult employee relations issue

15 Answers

If a team member is struggling to reach goal (there are monthly sales quotas), would you stay late on a shift day to help? How would you do it?

1 Answer

What is my best quality in a sales position such as personal training?

1 Answer