Human Resource Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Human Resource Associate Interview Questions

Human resource associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Most unexpected: asking for my high school & college GPA during the interview, and my SAT score on the job application.

1 Answer

My SAT score is nothing to be shy about, but I was not comfortable answering this question. According to EEOC regulations (this is for an HR position after all), a test can only be given for employment if the company can show direct relevance to the duties being performed. Given that the SAT is not designed to predict job performance, not to mention its well-documented gender, ethnicity, and socio-economic biases, I felt this was an obvious example of a "disparate impact" risk to the company, and - frankly - was astonished I was being evaluated today based on something I did when I was 16.

Analytical questions were the most difficult part of the interview. Although they may seem unrelated to the position that you're interviewing for, the interviewers want to understand how you think on your feet and attack problems creatively.

1 Answer

One question was please help me find outfits for my twin children.

1 Answer

Walk me through your resume

1 Answer

As stated above, it took me aback when I was asked by the HR Director for finite details position responsibilities including ones earlier on in my career. I didn't think it was relevant to the interview process.

1 Answer

We were only given 45 minutes to review a case study and put together a presentation. Case study was examining HR departments in a recent M&A.

1 Answer

A lot of situational and behavioral questions.

1 Answer

Give me an example when you inspired someone to perform better

It wasn't so much of a question as a comment. The HR mentioned her passion for HR, and alluded to enjoying talking about HR for fun. I'm afraid I didn't feel the same way--I'm hoping to find more of a passion in my next position. It just felt it difficult to respond, as it was hard for me to relate.

She wanted to know my hr background?

110 of 138 Interview Questions